Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .357 Sig in G22 mags, g2g?

Feedback Score
    I have a G23 and I bought a fluted Alpha Wolf .357 Sig barrel for it. I have 4 or 5 .40 cal mags and 1 .357 mag. Due to the price of ammo for .357 Sig I don’t shoot it as much as I would like to, but what shooting I’ve done I haven’t experienced any issues with the .40 mags. I have only shot fmj through mine, so I don’t know how HP ammo would perform. Here are some pics of the magazines to compare. In pic #1 they look very similar as you would expect.

In pic #2 you can see the G22 mag’s follower is marked with 10, and the G31 mag is marked 3.

In the 3rd pic you can notice subtle differences, .357 is on the left, .40 on the right.

For defensive use I think it would be wise to use the corresponding mags or followers for optimal reliability. For range use either works from my limited experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    Thanks for those pics. I didn't know .40 followers were up to #10. It would be interesting to read Glocks purpose for each revision.

I ordered several .357 #3 followers for use in .40 mags. As well as to replace a #1 .357 I'm an old-but-new gen 3 9 rnd .357 mag. The #1 follower is very different.

Hopefully the followers attach to the mag springs the same way over the variations.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Put 200 rounds through it with a beat to hell G22 mag and it was fine, ended up getting a threaded Alphawolf barrel for it too.

Definitely going to buy a few actual G31 mags for it just to be on the safe side, but for playing around the G22 mags seem to be ok.

This was a dirt cheap pistol and the plan is to make it into a Roland type range toy and to take advantage of all the .357 Sig brass that the local PD leaves scattered after their quals.

Feedback Score
    I never had any issue using G22 mags in my G35 w/LWD .357 barrel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12