Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is civilian OPSEC just a fantasy?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I found a law/private investigation firm that can wipe your entire internet history for $28,000 and it takes about 30-45 business days.
    How do they get a 3rd party like me to remove all references (text, video, images, etc) of you on my website? I can find posts I made in the 80s on Google's archive of USENET. Never mind all the archives from newspapers, high schools, colleges, etc. How do they remove those?

Point being it is near impossible to cleanse yourself, vs starting over with new ID.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    They will never completely do away with it since it enumerates what they are allowed to do. The rub comes with all of the things done outside of those enumerated powers.

As long as it isn't perceived as a prison for some. There were plenty of East Germans that were happy as larks (not just their ruling class) because they genuinely liked living that way or they just didn't know any better. More .gov control, Democrat and Republican, is what wins votes in this country too unfortunately.

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Whoa.... I can't decide if that was 100% bullshit, or totally brilliant.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danco View Post
    As a licensed Ham, I call B.S. on this.

There are no restrictions on owning Ham gear. Listening in on Amateur communications is perfectly legal. In fact, it's so perfectly legal that Amateurs are prohibited from using encryption or codes to hide the content of communications. (Digital mode transmissions can be encoded, but the algorithms used are open-source and computer programs are available to decode and read these transmissions.) In fact, the openness of Amateur Radio is often a hindrance when providing emergency or disaster communications, because of privacy laws (especially HIPPA).

Amateur Radio is self-policed. The FCC does not have the resources to constantly monitor all Ham frequencies all across the country all of the time. There are Hams who sign up to be "Official Observers", who can document misuse of the bands, but it takes weeks or months of monitoring and documenting abuses before they can file a case with the FCC. And then, the FCC may check things out, but always on their own timetable. And this is only if you're illegally transmitting...They can't find you when you're just listening.

No one cares if you're listening. In fact, it's encouraged! If it sparks your interest enough that you decide to get licensed and join in the fun, so much the better for our hobby!
    Lol at “Official Observers”. Those kind of people....

Errrrmmmmaaagooddd u got u lizense sun!!? Reminds me of the folks who ask to see peoples stamps and are 922r Nazis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You won't be able to disappear from a national level alphabet organization unless you're a homeless drifter, you'll be on the grid in some form.

There is a book by JJ Luna called "How To Be Invisible" that was a fairly interesting read, would be a pain to live in such a way.

The best you can hope for is to minimize your digital footprint and make it more difficult for ID thieves, hackers and doxxers. If the govt wants you, they'll get you by hook or by crook.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

A pretty good read.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/08/31...ad-youll-hand/

Feedback Score
    OPSEC is dead

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123