Thread: Favorite pistol tube

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Favorite pistol tube

What is your favorite pistol tube and why? I'm planning my first and I intend to use theSBM4.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Can't speak to the SBM4, but I love the KAK.

Have a couple of them, they work wonderfully for anything with a set screw. The KAK Shockwave, of course, it's what's setup on the ones I own.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The KAK was one I was looking at. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Two pistol builds, one complete, one in the pre-build stage, two separate completed lowers. The first lower equipped with a Phase 5 Hex-2, the second a KAK Shockwave. As much as I love the look of the KAK, my preference is the Hex-2.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Is it just the look of the hex 2 or is there some other more tangible benefit of the hex over the KAK? I'll need as much length as possible. I was looking at the KAK extension kit too.
    Simply put I just don't know much about building a pistol and am still very much learning.
    How solid are these braces in general and is there anything yo do to make them as rigid as posdible?

Feedback Score
    FWIW and it's just my humble opinion... When I find the "need" to cheek my pistol at the gun club, the Hex-2's nitrile pad is a nice feature and I find it pretty comfortable to shoot with and it looks good too. When using a brace, the KAK is lighter than some of the other options. I also like that the Shockwave tube is dimpled, uses a set screw, and does not compromise the lock up of the brace.