Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite pistol tube

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Favorite pistol tube

What is your favorite pistol tube and why? I'm planning my first and I intend to use theSBM4.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Can't speak to the SBM4, but I love the KAK.

Have a couple of them, they work wonderfully for anything with a set screw. The KAK Shockwave, of course, it's what's setup on the ones I own.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The KAK was one I was looking at. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Two pistol builds, one complete, one in the pre-build stage, two separate completed lowers. The first lower equipped with a Phase 5 Hex-2, the second a KAK Shockwave. As much as I love the look of the KAK, my preference is the Hex-2.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Is it just the look of the hex 2 or is there some other more tangible benefit of the hex over the KAK? I'll need as much length as possible. I was looking at the KAK extension kit too.
    Simply put I just don't know much about building a pistol and am still very much learning.
    How solid are these braces in general and is there anything yo do to make them as rigid as posdible?

Feedback Score
    FWIW and it's just my humble opinion... When I find the "need" to cheek my pistol at the gun club, the Hex-2's nitrile pad is a nice feature and I find it pretty comfortable to shoot with and it looks good too. When using a brace, the KAK is lighter than some of the other options. I also like that the Shockwave tube is dimpled, uses a set screw, and does not compromise the lock up of the brace.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well, I just decided to order, and wait on a Sig SB3. Now I can just use the included re or use my Vltor or one of the nice billet 11 position tubes I've been saving. Now, if it would just hurry and get here. Actually I still need a barrel.

Feedback Score
    KAK with a shockwave blade. Feels good. Looks good.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm not sure I'd say 'favorite' would the correct adjective in my case, as it is the only one I've tried, but I went with a Vltor A5 because that is the buffer system I have on the majority of my ARs. I've got a Tailhook Mod 1 on the end it.

I am interestested in checking out Battle Arms' Sabertube.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    The Shockwave blade and KAK Shockwave tube is very light and solid. Easy to adjust LOP but is less comfortable for extended shooting.

The Midwest Industries pistol buffer tube and SBM4 brace gives a very NTCH shooting length. The MI tube needs tape (or equivalent) to stop the brace from rotating with use. The KAK super Sig tube and SBM4 would be my vote length wise and comfort wise. The length is similar to a stock on the second position out from the receiver....
    Last edited by FLICK; 05-07-18 at 07:35.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast