Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: illinois-city-bans-assault-weapons-imposes-fines-up-to-1000-per-day

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    They have been indoctrinating kinda into the Junior Spies for the last 50 years for a reason dude.

"It was my little daughter," said Parsons with a sort of doleful pride. "She listened at the keyhole. Heard what I was saying, and nipped off to the patrols the very next day. Pretty smart for a nipper of seven, eh?"
    Show and tell at the grade school. Show AR photos and and a gold star with happy meal for every kid who can tell who they have seen with one.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    They have been indoctrinating kinda into the Junior Spies for the last 50 years for a reason dude.

"It was my little daughter," said Parsons with a sort of doleful pride. "She listened at the keyhole. Heard what I was saying, and nipped off to the patrols the very next day. Pretty smart for a nipper of seven, eh?"

I've said it before, George Orwell's writings were prophetic.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    [/B]

I've said it before, George Orwell's writings were prophetic.
    He said it was a warning. One that no one heeded.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Liberalism is like Junior High School for people who should have aged out of such childish behaviour.
    If I don't like guns, you can't have them, and if you can't have them and you do, I'm gonna tell the Teacher.
    Everything is topsy turvy.
    Laws don't matter when they go against weed, abortion or illegal immigration, but if you own a constitutionally protected firearm, you're an immoral criminal and deserve to be penalised.
    Honestly, these folks have lost their minds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Counties in central Illinois have passed resolutions making them "a 'sanctuary county' for all firearms unconstitutionally prohibited by the government of the State of Illinois, in that Effingham County will prohibit it's employees from enforcing the unconstitutional actions of the State government."

Iroquois & Jasper counties have done this, with Iroquois being the first. Other counties are also considering following this course of action, some may have already. It'll be interesting to see how this progresses. I heard all this word of mouth, no links (I'm too techtard to do that anyway), but I found an interview on Fox news with Effingham County officials, they said it's mostly a symbolic gesture, but it can't hurt.

Feedback Score
    I never thought of Indiana as the Promised Land.....

How do they know? Well, from what I gather with the FOID system they would be able to figure out how long you had it and then start x $1000 for each day since the law passed.....

You might as well go full gangster and have a real FA machine gun after two weeks....

That is something that is key here- it is passive aggressive to pass a fine for this. You want to make the city safer, go full ban and confiscation door-to-door. Anything else is just grandstanding.

Here's hoping that the first time this goes sideways the nearby jurisdictions and the ISP tell the town "Good luck".

ETA: What we really need is for those downstate sheriffs to deputize gun owners from behind the lines. Buy a plot of land in Effingham, meet and greet with the Sheriff and get you tin star? Hell of a fundraising tool.....
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 04-24-18 at 13:03.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I never thought of Indiana as the Promised Land.....

That is something that is key here- it is passive aggressive to pass a fine for this. You want to make the city safer, go full ban and confiscation door-to-door. Anything else is just grandstanding.
    I agree that the $1000 a day fine is BS and abuse.

But no one wants to see the PD going door-to-door.

1. They cannot do so unless they have a valid search warrant for each address.

2. They are busy enough with other things that they don't have the time or manpower to go door-to-door after people who are really doing nothing of threat to anyone other than owning something that the people who passed this law feel that they should not own. This is of course my opinion, I know there are anti-gunners who feel differently.

3. Going door to door would precipitate some very bad reactions from people who would rather die than give up their outlawed firearms to what they believe is unjust laws and authority.

4. Any shootings that resulted from people resisting confiscation would only fuel the fire that gunowners are dangerous and more gun laws and confiscation must be implemented.

Feedback Score
    That is kind of my point. They are so keen on hopophobic driven virtue signalling that they have skipped the registration step and have gone straight to ban. This costs them nothing, literally nothing- and puts lawful gun owners and LEOs in the hard positions.

If the guns are that much of a risk that it would cost you $365,000 a year to have one, why is it that they won't spend any resources on the issue?

Why? Because they even know that it won't do anything- so we end up with being illegals in our own country.

I've said it before. I'm a law&order libertarian. I don't like extraneous and overreaching laws, but I like laws being enforced (and laws that can be enforced).
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456