Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shirts, non-tactical preferred....

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Do they all have that little pocket in the side? Would prefer nothing calling attention to my waist line for modesty AND concealment reasons.
    I have a bunch over the years, the pocket arrangements change - no pocket, hidden pocket, patch pocket. The quality and materials are top notch. I find that they usually fit like a normal shirt versus a slim fit one.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Untucked, with a gun? Curious if that is a working combo.
    At work I can cary my gun so it’s usually in the car. But after work untuck the shirt slide the gun in my pants and I’m good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Doing the PGA Tour polo today, untucked. Seeing how that works out. Ordered one of those untuckit shirts on sale plus 20% off.

Definitely going to browse Ex Officio some more, and also found Deo Veritas, which will custom make shirts, based on measurements you send in. So once I find a shirt that works, I can have them make it a little bigger or smaller, etc.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have several Untuckit shirts which drape perfectly over my G19 EDC and somewhat chunky frame. They have worn well over the past year with none of the little holes that some cheaper shirts get from carry sights/flashlights/mags. I have been pleasantly surprised and ready to order many more for summer!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have several Untuckit shirts which drape perfectly over my G19 EDC and somewhat chunky frame. They have worn well over the past year with none of the little holes that some cheaper shirts get from carry sights/flashlights/mags. I have been pleasantly surprised and ready to order many more for summer!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    https://www.exofficio.com/mens-bugsaway/
    https://www.exofficio.com/mens/

If you determine size by finding EO in a local store, then look online for last years styles if you want to save some coin. If price doesn’t matter you can buy direct and get free shipping over $50, or purchase from a plentitude of retailers (REI, EMS, Backcountry, et cetera).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    +1 for Patagonia. The brand is a little crunchy, but I conceal an M9 or G19 under the ones I own pretty well. Lifetime warrantee too
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    I wear a lot of Jos A Bank traveler dress shirts because I have to dress for an office. I like the traveler shirts in tailored fit as the material is a bit thicker and doesn’t print like lighter technical fabrics can. Plus, they don’t show through like thinner shirts do. You can buy them reasonable if on sale and tailoring to shorten or slim them up is like $15. You generally won’t have a “tactical” or outdoorsy look wearing them either if that’s what you are trying to avoid. If you can pull of more of a Carhartt shop shirt look in your daily activities, then most of those shirts are cut longer and wider too.

Feedback Score
    I do most of my shopping at J.Crew - their regular cut shirts (and slim cut) are great and high quality. They are more dressy than the outdoor brands but you'd never guess I had anything on me.

Feedback Score
    Many of my casual shirts are from J Crew as well. I just didn’t mention them since OP said they were looking for more dress shirts type. But I do agree with you as well.

Feedback Score
    Do you have a Kohl's nearby? Check out their men's clearance area - the 60-80% off section. I've picked up many nice cover garments there including button down shirts by Batick Bay, Van Heusen, Cubavera, Haggar, and their Sonoma brand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast