Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Langdon Beretta Jun 2018

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It’s a standard width 92 slide; not a Brigadier slide. It has forward cocking serrations like the Elite guns. The frame has been beveled with special attention around the sharp edge near the magazine button. Anyone who shoots 92s a lot knows this edge is a hotspot for the middle finger knuckle after a couple hundred round practice session.

Langdon will also be offering these guns for sale with a trigger job as an add-on option. I *highly* recommend spending the little extra for his trigger job. I’ve got a few of his Trigger Job in a Bag kits in some of my 92s and man...they blow the Wilson Action Tuned Beretta’s out of the water.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 04-08-18 at 09:15.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Ernest Langon is The Man for Beretta trigger jobs. I got to meet him a few weeks ago and handle a 92 that he had worked over. It's a thing of beauty, what he can do to a trigger.

He's also a really, really nice guy and a superb instructor.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Had a similar discussion with my brother. We determined that this is no longer a hobby but rather a disease!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Dammit! Every time I think I'm done, they drag me back in!!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Anyone have an ideal on price?
    From what I heard [I am not at liberty to disclose], it should be competitive with Wilson Berettas. My understanding is that additional custom work option[s] will be available.

I have a gun that is set along these lines. G-converted Vertec slide on FS frame. I don't do metal Berettas these days and my Elite and BrigTac are sold but this one is still hanging around. In fact, I shot it last week. It is an excellent shooter.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-08-18 at 09:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    It’s a standard width 92 slide; not a Brigadier slide. It has forward cocking serrations like the Elite guns. The frame has been beveled with special attention around the sharp edge near the magazine button. Anyone who shoots 92s a lot knows this edge is a hotspot for the middle finger knuckle after a couple hundred round practice session.

Langdon will also be offering these guns for sale with a trigger job as an add-on option. I *highly* recommend spending the little extra for his trigger job. I’ve got a few of his Trigger Job in a Bag kits in some of my 92s and man...they blow the Wilson Action Tuned Beretta’s out of the water.
    Great news. I'm glad I didn't get the one Buds was offering and will be waiting for these to come out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    From what I heard [I am not at liberty to disclose], it should be competitive with Wilson Berettas. My understanding is that additional custom work option[s] will be available.

I have a gun that is set along these lines. G-converted Vertec slide on FS frame. I don't do metal Berettas these days and my Elite and BrigTac are sold but this one is still hanging around. In fact, I shot it last week. It is an excellent shooter.
    Thanks, I'll start saving my money now.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wilson Beretta spec's show an enhanced frame to slide fit. I would like to see that in this model. I prefer the standard width slide on the EL model and I like the M9A1 trigger guard for mounting lights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LSK View Post
    Wilson Beretta spec's show an enhanced frame to slide fit. I would like to see that in this model. I prefer the standard width slide on the EL model and I like the M9A1 trigger guard for mounting lights.
    Wilson's spec's may show that, but my Cent-Tac's frame to slide fit is nothing special, in fact, it has a little slop to it,( OTOH my Inox Vertec bought about 3 yreas ago, has zero play in the slide/frame fit) this dosen't seem affect accuracy, but Wilson needs to quit spreading that crap.. In some ways, I think Wilson's advertising is a bit dishonest..All Wilson does is contract Beretta to make pistols in configurations that aren't currently offered, they then add some of their accessories to them, add their trade mark, and mark the price up a bit (they're not bad buys for the money) and sell them to the public, I don't think Wilson really does anything to them outside of trigger jobs.
    Last edited by ralph; 04-08-18 at 17:25.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I don't think Wilson really does anything to them outside of trigger jobs.
    Don’t you have to ask for/pay extra for that?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    $998 MAP

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast