Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC cans and mounts

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

KAC cans and mounts

Im no KAC aficionado, but I just replaced my SR15 that I sold a while a go with a FDA Taupe one that is pretty darn cool.

Im going to need a suppressor for that bad boy. Its a 16 inch gun and Ill want one of the mini's per se.

What is the best or most appropriate can and mount for that SR15. Only KAC is what Im looking to do. I know they have those mams and whatnot, that I have no knowledge of, see learn me up.

What says the high and mighty??

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    What muzzle device does your new stick already have?

The current production guns have the QDC 3 prong flash suppressor, and that is the host mount for a QDC suppressor. The QDC MAMS is the other QDC mount. The older style is the NT4, which is still being made.

Chances are your rifle is already set to host a Knights QDC suppressor. They’re supposed to be pretty nice.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You could get a 762CQB and get an adapter for the FH

or

Run the new 5.56 FH that takes the 7.62 CQB

This way you’ll be all set once you get a SR25

I may sell an NT4 and I live in AZ if you decide to go that route.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’d just run whatever quality mini you like. You have a few AAC minis correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    PB,

I assume you will be doing a lot of shooting with this 16" without a can? If so, I would highly recommend the MAMS and a KAC QDC CQB can for it. As JP said above your mini 4 would be a good fit, but I think every AAC muzzle device will lack compared to the MAMS when not suppressed. The MAMS is fantastic. If you were closer, I would say come on over and we'll put one on your rifle and you can try on the KAC QDC CQB on it. If you can get to CO, the invitation is always open.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trauma View Post
    You could get a 762CQB and get an adapter for the FH

or

Run the new 5.56 FH that takes the 7.62 CQB
    I need this, but can’t find it. I’m hoping this is some wunder item that just came out and hasn’t been in stock yet, which is why everyone shows “out of stock.” If it was a small one time run and they’re all gone, consider me enlightened and bummed all at once.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    What muzzle device does your new stick already have?

The current production guns have the QDC 3 prong flash suppressor, and that is the host mount for a QDC suppressor. The QDC MAMS is the other QDC mount. The older style is the NT4, which is still being made.

Chances are your rifle is already set to host a Knights QDC suppressor. They’re supposed to be pretty nice.
    It looks like a birdcage type deal. I have not taken possession yet, so not positive.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I’d just run whatever quality mini you like. You have a few AAC minis correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a fan KAC cans? I like Sig 556 cans and they are supposed to be coming out with new model this year. That is smaller and more hush hush. We'll see.

PB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    PB,

I assume you will be doing a lot of shooting with this 16" without a can? If so, I would highly recommend the MAMS and a KAC QDC CQB can for it. As JP said above your mini 4 would be a good fit, but I think every AAC muzzle device will lack compared to the MAMS when not suppressed. The MAMS is fantastic. If you were closer, I would say come on over and we'll put one on your rifle and you can try on the KAC QDC CQB on it. If you can get to CO, the invitation is always open.
    Thanks a million for the offer. I won't be running without a can, pretty much at all. So the adapter is not that important, just trying to learn about them so I don't miss the boat.

PB

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    10-4. I would run the QDC FH then and the QDC CQB suppressor as my first option. I would look hard at the SOCOM Mini also from Arms unlimited for 675. https://www.armsunlimited.com/SureFi...om556-mini.htm. Half the price of the KAC and is very much same same in performance
    Philippians 4:13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast