Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC cans and mounts

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I find it hard to find people eager to defend KAC cans and their price. People will stand tall on their weapons, but not there cans.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I find it hard to find people eager to defend KAC cans and their price. People will stand tall on their weapons, but not there cans.
    The KAC QDC cans are great. I own the 5.56 and .30 varients. But when it comes down to it, I can't justify it in performance over others vs cost. Other then keeping it all KAC for the rifle, you won't find double the performance for double the cost. AND.. I am a huge KAC fan, and most of my rifles are now KAC.

I would say the SOCOM and QDC cans are level on the playing field. Different mounting systems and muzzle devices may drive the decision for many..
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    10-4. I would run the QDC FH then and the QDC CQB suppressor as my first option. I would look hard at the SOCOM Mini also from Arms unlimited for 675. https://www.armsunlimited.com/SureFi...om556-mini.htm. Half the price of the KAC and is very much same same in performance
    For sound reduction I hardly notice differences. But the way the Sig cans manage gas so much better than
    AAC cans. I like my AAC cans just fine for bolt gun but with gassers the Sig shine.
    Due largely to being slightly fatter. I wonder how KAC and Surefire compare with Sig handling gas. The KAC looks fatter than average. Not the Surefire. I know there is more to it than just girth, but GIRTH MATTETS
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Because most people simply don't shoot enough to appreciate what KAC suppressors are able to withstand.
    There aren't too many suppressors that can take 500 rounds of near cyclic fire from an Mk 46. The NT4 has been proven to provide that.
    In an age of enthusiast-oriented $700 suppressors readily available on the commercial market, that meet the needs of an average suppressor user, it's hard to define why someone has to spend $1500 on what seems like the same thing.

Yeah, I work at KAC, but believe me, I move enough suppressors the the government that I don't need to chase the commercial market. I'm just filling in the gaps in knowledge since it was directly asked.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Because most people simply don't shoot enough to appreciate what KAC suppressors are able to withstand.
    There aren't too many suppressors that can take 500 rounds of near cyclic fire from an Mk 46. The NT4 has been proven to provide that.
    In an age of enthusiast-oriented $700 suppressors readily available on the commercial market, that meet the needs of an average suppressor user, it's hard to define why someone has to spend $1500 on what seems like the same thing.

Yeah, I work at KAC, but believe me, I move enough suppressors the the government that I don't need to chase the commercial market. I'm just filling in the gaps in knowledge since it was directly asked.
    I would agree with this 100%. Im sold on KAC, and will probably follow Jwknutson advice first choice. I remember reading a write up on their $125 SR25 mags. I own 5!!

Im excited about this gun, it pisses me off I'm broke and cant snag that can right away. Time will prove out and I have an AR or 2 to shoot in the interim.

PB

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)

Jack,

Good info and I agree with you. What's your opinion on the surefire cans having said above? With them also MSRP in the 1200 range, and I believe from my shooting experience offer some of the same positives the KAC cans offer. From 11.5 through 16 inch guns in my personal experiences. Also with night hunts with PVS14s. I have many of the SOCOM minis and RC cans with 10s of thousands of rounds through them and IMO don't leave much on the table. When referring to many commercial cans in the 700 range, I typically come up with a bunch of interchangeable part cans with end caps and all that fancy jazz that I do not recommend. If KAC cans could be had at 700 bucks I don't think anyone would have the conversation. With my first recommendation of QDC CQB is because I see value in it. And it performs very well. Unless you have any gripe with surefire, could you not agree that the SOCOM can for that price would be hard to not recommend?
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    As Jack said, the NT4 is crazy durable. Darn near Ranger proof. I’ve used them on Mk46’s, Mk18’s, and M4A1’s. I was initially skeptical about putting one on a 46, so before we ever went on target like that, we put a full combat load of belts through it at the range. 300 rnds rapid ROF, 400 rnds sustained. Glowed. It was a pain to remove, but seemed unharmed. That can and others continued to serve without any apparent issues for a long time. They got shot till they glowed, dropped, rained on, used to muzzle thump dudes, etc. It is certainly not the lightest, though. I have no relation to KAC. Thanks, taxpayers!
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

You should ask Surefire and Colt how that attitude of having government contracts and not particularly caring about the civilian market worked out for them. Follow those phone calls up with calls to Streamlight and BCM. Just because KAC found a way to rape the government doesn’t mean the product is worth it, it’s just worth it to the idiots that procure.

I was issued a 110, carried it in Iraq for 12 months. KAC makes a decent product, but it’s not the end all. There are plenty of videos online of SiCo cans taking 15+ mags on full auto.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    You should ask Surefire and Colt how that attitude of having government contracts and not particularly caring about the civilian market worked out for them. Follow those phone calls up with calls to Streamlight and BCM. Just because KAC found a way to rape the government doesn’t mean the product is worth it, it’s just worth it to the idiots that procure.

I was issued a 110, carried it in Iraq for 12 months. KAC makes a decent product, but it’s not the end all. There are plenty of videos online of SiCo cans taking 15+ mags on full auto.
    I think you misunderstand me, I'm the government sales guy, so my effort goes into selling large volume to government entities. I (specifically me, Jack Leuba), do not need to influence individual buyers, that's not what KAC pays me to do. I'm a fairly active participant here on M4C because I have been an active member since 2007, and a moderator since 2009 or so, both significantly predating my employment by KAC. My response above is to fill in the gaps of information as specifically requested by another member.

I do, however, take significant exception to your statement about KAC "raping the government". I worked on procurement programs in the military, held government contracts after leaving the military, and work military programs now as a large function of my day job. I interact daily with government acquisitions folks from the government as well as industry, and the amount of front-end work associated with such programs, the testing, the scrutiny, the government inspections, the financial and MRP software requirements, the various compliance requirements, the packaging and marking requirements, and the GFE handling (to name just a few) all bear direct cost to the manufacturer and the provider, which are absolutely factors in pricing. We also have to predict inflation and cost burden for multiple year contracts and escalation. And at the end of the day, once an item is deemed to win whatever competition we participate in, the government gets to decide if it wants to pay for it or not. So, like it or not, it's absolutely consensual between the parties involved.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I shoot a decent amount of rounds through my rifles every year and I own cans from 4 companies: dead air, sico, SF, and kac. Kac qdc cans are the only ones I have never had carbon lock on me, twist apart after being torqued down, remove a rock set muzzle device while trying to torque a stuck can off ect...

I love my kac cans and can't recommend them highly enough for high volume shooters.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast