Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22LR suppressor cleaning advice please

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobel View Post
    I have the same suppressor.

After cleaning, I heat the baffles up to 250 degrees in an oven for 30 minutes. I then remove the baffles and place them into a mason jar with pure silicone (from Amazon). I let them sit overnight, then remove the baffles, let the silicon drain and reassemble the 22A. This makes cleaning MUCH easier.

I really like the light weight of the 22A but I have a DA Mask for abuse. I use the same process on the MASK as I do not like the poison DIP residual.

There are instructions on this on the internet.

Regards,
    Thanks for the tip on the silicone treatment, have read about that elsewhere and have acquired the necessary oil. I have a Minuteman titanium .22/5.7 rated silencer from Freedom Armory that is still in NFA jail, been 12 months so that one should be coming soon :-) It will see the bulk of my rimfire suppressed shooting for the cleaning reason.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    How would someone without a lathe go about making one of those tools? I currently tumble with SS pins for my baffles, but like you said, that takes forever, and usually doesn't get everything anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12