Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Original Bren Ten: Occasional shooter or safe queen?

Feedback Score
    Now all you need is a shoulder holster and a white suit!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    LOL!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    No socks and a Ferrari too!

Neat piece of firearm history you acquired. Did it include extra magazines? I've always read that was one of the big issues with this pistol, the lack of available magazines.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It looks awesome, congratulations. Did you get an original factory mag? Can't wait for the range report.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Beautiful pistol! Not buying one when I had the chance is one of my big firearm regrets, along with $400 HK94s back in the 80's. That's the exact model I'd have wanted too. Enjoy it!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    love it. was really hoping the resurrection of that pistol by Vltor would have happened. One o fmy Holy Grail guns

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    No socks and a Ferrari too!

Neat piece of firearm history you acquired. Did it include extra magazines? I've always read that was one of the big issues with this pistol, the lack of available magazines.
    Linen suit coat, parachute pants, pink t-shirt, Ray-Bans, boating shoes, and a Ted Blocker #1 Lifeline holster (assembled backwards). And the Ferrari should be a Ferrari body on a Chevy, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Greene View Post
    love it. was really hoping the resurrection of that pistol by Vltor would have happened. One o fmy Holy Grail guns
    Last Vltor said anything about it, it was still in the works, it's just been plagued by poor quality components from subcontractors and Vltor's attention (and manufacturing capacity) being taken by larger .gov contracts.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Linen suit coat, parachute pants, pink t-shirt, Ray-Bans, boating shoes, and a Ted Blocker #1 Lifeline holster (assembled backwards). And the Ferrari should be a Ferrari body on a Chevy, IIRC.

Last Vltor said anything about it, it was still in the works, it's just been plagued by poor quality components from subcontractors and Vltor's attention (and manufacturing capacity) being taken by larger .gov contracts.
    yeah but I still want a couple of them.

Feedback Score
    I had it out to the range earlier today for a quick shakedown. I hadn’t shot a handgun since last Fall, so I was out of practice for sure. I must admit that I was apprehensive—after waiting 34 years to shoot one would I be let down? (<spoiler alert>I was not!)

The pistol fits great in the hand—it’s one of my most comfortable ones to hold, and even though it’s 38 oz, the pistol’s balance makes it feel lighter. The single action trigger pull is my absolute favourite type of trigger, light, very smooth and with just a bit of movement. I’m not a fan of the “breaking glass rod” trigger…I like a bit of movement. The pull is wonderful—I’m very pleased! The recoil is more like a push than a snap—it’s very manageable and pleasant (of course, modern ammunition is not as hot as the original Norma load). There's a positive reset, too—you can hear it in the video below.

Here are the first six rounds at 15m (after shooting my VP70z the first shot surprised me and went low and left)

The next six were better—I might have to adjust my sights!

I fired a few more rounds then finished off with ten quick ones.

Here’s the pistol in action:

I don’t think I could be happier with the pistol—it looks great, has awesome extras and feels wonderful to shoot. A great day at the range!

Feedback Score
    Awesome! It's great when a plan comes together. What ammunition were you using?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast