Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buying a KAC Rifle... Would love feedback and thoughts!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I think the tool in question is for the nut that retains the gas manifold on the barrel, not the wrench for the hand guard.
    No I know that. That wasn’t the point I was trying to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    it's intriguing to me how the "what if" scenarios are just totally blown out of proportion in the firearms industry. AR15's have so many screws or pins in them that "could" come loose, why be concerned over the fact that a very reputable manufacturer decided to use a nut to secure the gas block on rather than the tradition set screw or taper pins. KAC isn't the only ones doing this either. PWS on their mk1 mod 2 carbines as well as Barrett REC 7's also use a nut to secure the gas block to the barrel. KAC isn't the only ones doing it and it's not new to the market.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Jack, what’s the difference between this tool the the legacy URX wrench for example? I understand this one is mod 2 specific but why all the fuss? Folks obviously still tinker with the legacy stuff and I think there is a lot less to screw up on a mod 2 negating concerns over potential damage to the brand as you’ve articulated before.

Idk, a random musing I guess. I had a wrench made but buying one would be easier.

The legacy wrench is for the urx 2/3/3.1 barrel nut. Jack is talking about the tool necessary to remove the gas block nut on their mod 2's.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Again that’s not what I said. KAC won’t sell mod 2 gas block nut wrenches bc they (KAC) don’t want people dicking things up, which I get. But, I’d like to think such concerns are overblown and making wrenches available would be a net positive.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Again that’s not what I said. KAC won’t sell mod 2 gas block nut wrenches bc they (KAC) don’t want people dicking things up, which I get. But, I’d like to think such concerns are overblown and making wrenches available would be a net positive.

We're just limited on availability, so the first production releases were allocated to dealers, armorers, and government.
    There is no real intention to withhold the tools from the market.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
    Fantastic info! Thank you sir!

I know I am opening up a huge can of worms here... I recently picked up a BCM Jack (got it priced right). Love that thing... Honestly, would the Mod 2 be a huge step up from that rife? <-- I know this is a totally subjective question, am curious to hear some opinions though!
    I stand corrected. I overlooked one critical step in the evolution, which was the introduction of the original SR15E3 IWS (essentially Mod 0) or "Legacy" carbine, which ushered in on those changes I previously mentioned. The Mod 1 refined what made the Legacy guns unique. Charlie Mike.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If that could happen, hopefully it'd open the door for barrels someday.

Feedback Score
    Do it you won’t regret it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234