Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying a KAC Rifle... Would love feedback and thoughts!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cundiff5535 View Post
    Looks like the 16" Mod 2 is what everyone here says to get Time to hunt one down at a reasonable price.

Thanks guys!

Side note: Can you guys give me a serious thought on how a Mod2 would stack up to a BCM Jack?
    bcm jack is just a bcm with slightly upgraded trigger and badass geiselle mk1 rail

no upgraded bolt, intermediate gas, ambi lower, two stage trigger if I recall

to make a super jack you would want an lmt enhanced bcg, A5 buffer, and G trigger

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I purchased my first KAC this year after saving for a while to get it. It is a very well engineered machine, and is an absolutely amazing rifle to shoot. There is not a better AR style rifle out there today, and you will not be disappointed.
    President of Trigon Armament Inc.

FFL-07 SOT-02

AR-15 Armorer

Competitive Shooter

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Side note: Can you guys give me a serious thought on how a Mod2 would stack up to a BCM Jack?
    I have a Jack and I have rifles that when you look at the components are basically Jack carbines.
    That's the key difference; you can make a Jack yourself. You can't make a KAC Mod2 yourself.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    I have a Jack and I have rifles that when you look at the components are basically Jack carbines.
    That's the key difference; you can make a Jack yourself. You can't make a KAC Mod2 yourself.
    Technically you could assemble your own SR15, sourcing all the correct individual parts needed to do it correctly is the challenge.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    You'll get more likes if you #hashtag KAC SR15.

It's a proven fact.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Along these lines, I have a KAC stripped lower and have been planning to build it with the A5, SSA, Sionics LPK. Would you guys recommend building the lower as planned and picking up a 16" Mod 2 upper or buying a complete rifle? Thanks

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Looks like the 16" Mod 2 is what everyone here says to get Time to hunt one down at a reasonable price.

Thanks guys!

BCM makes a high quality gun. It will run more ammo than you can afford. The KAC has a longer gas Sytem, smoother impulse. It has a great trigger, full ambi....the KAC has many features the Jack does not. Doesn't make the Jack bad, but for what you get the KAC is very fairly priced IMHO.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have a Mod2 on order. The more I think about it the less I like the gas system. My unfounded concerns are that the hex nut holding the gas tube in can work loose and i can't remove the rail myself to service it. Well I could with the addition of a bunch of proprietary tools.
    The feeling of not being able to wrench my own stuff annoys me a bit.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysop View Post
    I have a Mod2 on order. The more I think about it the less I like the gas system. My unfounded concerns are that the hex nut holding the gas tube in can work loose and i can't remove the rail myself to service it. Well I could with the addition of a bunch of proprietary tools.
    The feeling of not being able to wrench my own stuff annoys me a bit.
    Was this not a concern when you ordered it? If you haven't been invoiced I'd just cancel.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Call Knights up and ask how many gas tube screws have come loose. If it has happened, I bet they've heard about it. If it had happened, it'd most likely be known by at least one of the guys posting in this, or other KAC-related threads, but call them anyway.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast