Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Muzzle device timing

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    Another question regarding the gas block. If its pinned could it still rotate out of alignment? Wouldn't the pin make it so the gas block couldn't move?
    If it is pinned properly it will not roll left or right unless acted upon with enough force to bend/break the pin. At which point a dimpled and set-screwed gas block would most likely also be be moving.

Feedback Score
    Okay sweet. Last question and I will be at ease. Someone told me that since my feed ramps are still aligned then its most likely okay but the barrel could of turned in the barrel extension keeping the feed ramps okay but not the barrel or gas block how can I make sure that didn't happen? Its on bcm and daniel defense uppers so the barrel extensions are most likely torqued to spec. Would it be possible to loosen the barrel or tighten the barrel in the extension by taking off and putting on a new flash hider?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    Okay sweet. Last question and I will be at ease. Someone told me that since my feed ramps are still aligned then its most likely okay but the barrel could of turned in the barrel extension keeping the feed ramps okay but not the barrel or gas block how can I make sure that didn't happen? Its on bcm and daniel defense uppers so the barrel extensions are most likely torqued to spec. Would it be possible to loosen the barrel or tighten the barrel in the extension by taking off and putting on a new flash hider?

Is it possible? Yes.

Is it likely? No.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123