Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LPVO advice

Feedback Score
    Here’s an update on my LPVO search. I got a lot of good info here so I continued my research on the best optic for my carbine needs. I ended up going with the Steiner P4xi from Sport Optics at a great price(thanks to the guy that recommended them). I chose the Steiner because of the good glass, daylight bright dot, eye relief, and relatively low weight. I also like the reticle because it’s similar to the ACOG I used in the military.
    Thanks again for all the advice and recommendations. I’ll post pics once I get it mounted and zeroed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Sounds like you made a good choice. I picked one up myself. Charlie Mike.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I recently bought the Steiner 1x4 also from Sport Optics. I think you’ll like it. Today, I verified the zero at 200 and 300 yds on a 16” BCM. Bullet drop reticle was pretty much dead on on the c zone ipsc Target. I found the balance and weight not to be much of an issue. I was hitting the steel pretty consistently kneeling unsupported. Was hitting at almost 100% prone supported. Very nice LPVO for the the money if not needing range beyond 400 yards.

Attachment 51609Attachment 51610

Quote Originally Posted by dhnut1973 View Post
    Here’s an update on my LPVO search. I got a lot of good info here so I continued my research on the best optic for my carbine needs. I ended up going with the Steiner P4xi from Sport Optics at a great price(thanks to the guy that recommended them). I chose the Steiner because of the good glass, daylight bright dot, eye relief, and relatively low weight. I also like the reticle because it’s similar to the ACOG I used in the military.
    Thanks again for all the advice and recommendations. I’ll post pics once I get it mounted and zeroed.

Last edited by nightchief; 04-17-18 at 18:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    I recently bought the Steiner 1x4 also from Sport Optics. I think you’ll like it. Today, I verified the zero at 200 and 300 yds on a 16” BCM. Bullet drop reticle was pretty much dead on on the c zone ipsc Target. I found the balance and weight not to be much of an issue. I was hitting the steel pretty consistently kneeling unsupported. Was hitting at almost 100% prone supported. Very nice LPVO for the the money if not needing range beyond 400 yards.

Congratulations on a great choice and a great rifle.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post

Good looking setup you got there. I also have an ADM mount coming, it will be my first so I hope I like it. I’m sure I will because it looks very similar to my Larue. I think the Steiner will serve me well out to 400 and for CQB drills as well. Anything further than 400 and that’s what my Grendel is for. Thanks again for sharing.

Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    My Steiner came earlier in the week and my ADM mount finally came today. I got it mounted up and ready for the range and zeroing. The P4xi glass is very clear, it’s daylight bright as advertised, and it balances well on my carbine. I need to get out to shoot to confirm my conclusion, but I think it’s gonna suit my needs well. Here’s the goods on the setup.

DD M4A1 16” URG
    SOLGW BCG and CH
    BCM LRG
    Tango Down Short grip with ADM lever
    ADM Recon Mount
    Steiner P4XI 1-4

Retired Army Infantry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234