Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LPVO advice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Email Swarovski (Khales parent/sister company) and request their government pricing. You’ll be pleased.
    Thanks, I’ll check them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I like my Kahles 16i , but I also like my new Leupold VX5-HD 1-5x24, daylight bright Firedot Duplex reticle, great glass, good eye box and FOV, Locking CDS elevation dial, weight just over 14 oz. For my application, 0-300 to maybe 400yds max it works really well. No issues with it so far and I like everything about it. I got mine for $790.
    Last edited by Biggy; 04-29-18 at 08:29.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I like a LPVO with a single illuminated red dot and I have both the Vortex Razor 1-6 Gen 2 and the Steiner PX4i. The Razor is on my Noveske NSR 14.5” and the Steiner is on BCM KMR 14.5”. The Razor is a fantastic optic, but it is HEAVY. I use 1.93” mounts and like Boba said those 25+ ounces do throw the balance and over all feel of the gun off a bit. Is it manageable? Yes it is. It it optimal? For me it isn’t, but I still like it.

The BCM with the Steiner is my preferred set up for my “go to” rifle / training rifle. My range only goes out to 250 yards and I feel it gives me more than enough capability. While the PX4i doesn’t offer the clarity or the 6 power of the Razor, it’s lighter weight just makes the gun handle better. I like the reticle a bit better than the Razor as the dot on the Steiner seems crisper to me and I find the crosshairs slightly easier to pick up without illumination. Factor in the price and the PX4i come out on top IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgs130 View Post
    I like a LPVO with a single illuminated red dot and I have both the Vortex Razor 1-6 Gen 2 and the Steiner PX4i. The Razor is on my Noveske NSR 14.5” and the Steiner is on BCM KMR 14.5”. The Razor is a fantastic optic, but it is HEAVY. I use 1.93” mounts and like Boba said those 25+ ounces do throw the balance and over all feel of the gun off a bit. Is it manageable? Yes it is. It it optimal? For me it isn’t, but I still like it.

The BCM with the Steiner is my preferred set up for my “go to” rifle / training rifle. My range only goes out to 250 yards and I feel it gives me more than enough capability. While the PX4i doesn’t offer the clarity or the 6 power of the Razor, it’s lighter weight just makes the gun handle better. I like the reticle a bit better than the Razor as the dot on the Steiner seems crisper to me and I find the crosshairs slightly easier to pick up without illumination. Factor in the price and the PX4i come out on top IMHO.
    This is the kind of info I’m lookin for, Thanks a lot

Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I like my Kahles 16i , but I also like my new Leupold VX5-HD 1-5x24, daylight bright Firedot Duplex reticle, great glass, good eye box and FOV, Locking CDS elevation dial, weight just over 14 oz. For my application, 0-300 to maybe 400yds max it works really well. No issues with it so far and I like everything about it. I got mine for $790.
    I’ll check the Leupy out as well then, thanks

Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhnut1973 View Post
    I’ll check the Leupy out as well then, thanks

I got mine from SportOptics.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Is that VX5 waterproof? Are any of these choices?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McSimon View Post
    Is that VX5 waterproof? Are any of these choices?
    Yes, the VX5-HD is 100% waterproof and Fogproof. I am 99% sure the other ones we are talking about are also. It should be in the specs on all the manufacturers websites.

Feedback Score
    The Steiner is nice, a buddy has one, daylight bright and affordable. The vortex is heavy, good glass, not my favorite reticle. Accupower is daylight bright with red, best reticle in my opinion, I run it in 3gun and want another for a 308 battle rifle optic. I've banged mine around and put a good nick into it but no problems with it. Battery life isn't that great but I only run illumination when I have it cranked down on 1x.

Feedback Score
    I had a Accupower 1-4 Green segmented reticle and it was a nice scope, just not daylight bright. I sold it for the Steiner and for the money it is hard to beat. Light, daylight bright, and a non cluttered reticle. If you look at the Accupower, look at this model in "Red", it is brighter than the green, and if I had of gotten this reticle instead of the segmented circle, I probably would still have it. If I had the money, the Khales or Nightforce would be my choice.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...RS24-C-1900000
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast