Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me into, or out of, buying a 10mm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Talk me into, or out of, buying a 10mm

Guys, help me out. I don't "need" a 10mm. My .45s are good for the range, and I carry 9mm for self-protection.

But I just "want" a 10mm. I know ammo's expensive, but I could afford to shoot it occasionally. I've just never hd one and it sounds cool.

So can y'all weigh in?

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Hey, I hear you brother...

If you want to experience the 10mm without spending a small fortune...get yourself a Glock in 10mm. They are awesome. I had no need for one. No practical use for one, but I got on and enjoyed it and then...sold it.

Life is short. Enjoy.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    what will it do that your current pistols won't? Do you like .40S&W? if you don't then don't buy a 10mm as it is .40S&W on steroids(when loaded as 10mm should be). Originally I bought one as a woods gun, but found my .357 magnums did just as good if not better as a field gun and cost a lot less to shoot. If you are simply buying it as a range toy then why even ask? No need to dignify range toy purchases, just buy it and shoot it.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why not? Not every gun has to be justified if you can afford it. I have several arms "just because." Mainly for historical or family significance, and a couple just because they are fun. Shooting can be a hobby like anything else. Otherwise all us would own Glocks and 6920s and STFU. Enjoy it!
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I want a 1911 in 10mm.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have a S&W 1006.

Shooting it is literally the happiest a firearm has ever made me feel. Sharp but comfortable recoil, lots of noise but not ear shattering, and a chest thump that makes you smile without getting that "wtf?" (but still great) feeling a .50 Deagle gives you.

They're range toys - no way I'd want a plastic fantastic G29, I want something with mass and spring rates to offset the power, but I think everyone should own at least one. If you don't like it, I promise you can sell it for a good price.

Feedback Score
    I have 3 10mms, a 29, 20 and a Delta Elite. I LOVE them all. They are just plain fun to shoot. I bought them as woods protection/ hunting guns. They are a ton of fun, the power and accuracy of a 10 is something to behold. I am of the opinion that everyone should have atleast one magnum caliber handgun, and IMHO, the 10mm qualifies. If you are getting it for a just because, I would get the Glock 20, or 40. My 20 has less recoil than my Delta, it is lighter, and holds 2x the ammo. If you must have a 1911, the Delta would do fine. It is one of the most versatile cartridges in an auto-pistol platform. If you are willing to deal with the cost of ammo, I reload, there really isn't a down side. Good luck, with your decision.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    As others have stated, it really is a lot of fun to shoot. Available ammunition runs the gamut of power levels, from .40 to hand howitzer. Reloading will soften the blow of ammo costs. I’m working on a 10mm Glock project and am looking forward to being able to hit the range with it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It is a urban myth today that 10 MM ammo is expensive:

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pisto...10mm-auto-ammo

You need to know though that most of the ammo available today is not the fire breathing dragon loads that were available when it first came out.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    It is a urban myth today that 10 MM ammo is expensive:

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/pisto...10mm-auto-ammo

You need to know though that most of the ammo available today is not the fire breathing dragon loads that were available when it first came out.
    IMHO, if you are not going to shoot full power ammo and use it for hunting, why really bother with it, as it still always goes back to bullet placement.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast