Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **Beamshots added!** Olight PL-2 Valkyrie weapon light flash sale tomorrow!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

**Beamshots added!** Olight PL-2 Valkyrie weapon light flash sale tomorrow!

A flash sale on the 1200 lumen Olight PL-2 Valkyrie weapon light tomorrow. Just 2 hours at 40% off. Regularly $99.95

https://www.olightstore.com/flash-sale

Control shot:

Here are some beamshots of the PL-2 Valkyrie at a few distances. It is bright with nice flood and a nice big hotspot:

My rifles S200C2VN for reference and sh1ts and giggles. Not as floody but it throws like a SOB:

This one is a good 150' to the tree line:

Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 04-19-18 at 12:52. Reason: Photos added

Feedback Score
    What's the consensus on these?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=199201

I like them and think they excel in every technical aspect.

However they remain to be as proven as my X300s.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Somehow got one in my cart, but can't get to checkout. The server must be getting slammed.

***edited***
    well at least they are owning up to the sh*t show that just happened on their website. I guess more people showed up to order then they expected. They are extending the sale for another 24 hours to apologize at the sale price . It just might take up to a max of 2 weeks to get your light depending on how much are actually ordered.

***Update****

Website is back up and running. My order went through and received confirmation through PayPal.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 04-13-18 at 21:57. Reason: Recieved update email from olight

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Somehow got one in my cart, but can't get to checkout. The server must be getting slammed.

***edited***
    well at least they are owning up to the sh*t show that just happened on their website. I guess more people showed up to order then they expected. They are extending the sale for another 24 hours to apologize at the sale price . It just might take up to a max of 2 weeks to get your light depending on how much are actually ordered.

***Update****

Website is back up and running. My order went through and received confirmation through PayPal.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Started looking in to these this morning. Looks good except for not being resistant to getting dunked under water.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Started looking in to these this morning. Looks good except for not being resistant to getting dunked under water.
    Technically they are IPX6 rated which means "resistant to high pressure jets"...

http://news.outdoortechnology.com/20...s-it-all-mean/

Not that I generally believe these types of manufacturer ratings but my guess is that the nice click switches may not like extended immersion underwater.

I like all the features of this light, but it is a lower priced import light and not a Made In The USA X300 from a perceived durability standpoint. Note that SF doesn't actually advertise an IPX rating for the X300 series. I have had nothing but great luck with Olight products but you will have to decide how important swimming is on your list of weaponlight needs.

That said my duty and serious guns wear X300U-Bs.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Technically they are IPX6 rated which means "resistant to high pressure jets"...

http://news.outdoortechnology.com/20...s-it-all-mean/

Not that I generally believe these types of manufacturer ratings but my guess is that the nice click switches may not like extended immersion underwater.

I like all the features of this light, but it is a lower priced import light and not a Made In The USA X300 from a perceived durability standpoint. Note that SF doesn't actually advertise an IPX rating for the X300 series. I have had nothing but great luck with Olight products but you will have to decide how important swimming is on your list of weaponlight needs.

That said my duty and serious guns wear X300U-Bs.

Dennis.

I would say their claim on IPX 6 is accurate. Saw videos where reviewers poured pitchers of water over one with no issues, but during a dunk test in another review the light wouldn't shut off after and think that continued even after drying.

Have lots of creeks/rivers in my area so getting dunked is possible and why I avoid down insulation for hiking and backpacking.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 04-15-18 at 12:51.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If anyone is interested there are actual PL-2 beamshots in my backyard at distance that I added to my first post.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thank-you for the photos , ordered one during the flash sale and waiting it's arrival.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast