Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kaepernick does it again, Seahawks "postpone" meeting

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I only watch college football.
    Yep, same here
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Unbelievable any team would consider this guy. I guess they want to see how low ratings can go.

eta

On second thought, they probably had decided to sign Morris, but for PC cover had to look like they were interesed in CK. Similar to how a black guy always gets interviewed for a coaching position even if they have already decided to hire someone else.
    Why you gotta start some racism conspiracy theory? If that's your thoughts, fine, but that would be better kept to yourself.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Why you gotta start some racism conspiracy theory? If that's your thoughts, fine, but that would be better kept to yourself.
    Huh? It is not "racism conspiracy theory", but league policy....

Google "Rooney Rule". Let me help you out:

The Rooney Rule is a National Football League policy that requires league teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not sure why they interviewed him, but to avoid controversy, makes sense. They probably knew he would screw up before he got in to the parking lot.
    Do I care about Kaep? No, but I love me some karma.

Feedback Score
    Well this was the second time Seahawks were going to talk to him.

Denied twice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    It's INCREDULOUS to see that Seattle had the guts to just say no to Dopes.
    FIFY!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I live and work in King County WA and this has caused a lot of wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth this week. Some of the football inclined SJWs are claiming the Hawks didn't pick him up just because of his kneeling antics and somehow that is a violation of his right to play football and his First Amendment. Kaep is learning the hard way, via unemployment, that the right to free speech doesn't mean there aren't consequences for your actions. No one owes him a job in the NFL and people are right, no team wants to deal with a mediocre Social Justice Warrior QB with baggage right now.

I remember watching him in college and he was pretty ok then playing for Nevada in the WAC. He was an alright pro QB and went to a Super Bowl in the 2012 season. It was a slide downhill ever since. The guy is 30, has realistically been out of the NFL since he was benched in 2015. He's not playing because he's just not that good compared to the younger guys in the league. Combine that with his baggage and he is unemployable in the NFL. Life's hard, it's harder when you're stupid.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    I don't know why all of this is so hard for him to understand? While you’re on the clock, you do what the company asks. Your personal agenda is on your own time. I believe he has the right to protest, but not on someone else’s dime. Every job in America has requirements. You either choose to work there and fulfill those requirements, or you move on. His choice, his priorities. Apparently his ego means more to him than a paycheck. Glad he’s staying home, maybe the NFL can get back to being entertainment, like we pay to see. Maybe Kaepernick can go to work for CNN.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about the employees, exec's and what not either fired or forced to resign for a statement made on Facebook... if CK has a right to employment regardless of his kneeling or other actions, then so do those other folks. At least the other folks I speak of did it on their own time at home.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    I don't know why all of this is so hard for him to understand? While you’re on the clock, you do what the company asks. Your personal agenda is on your own time. I believe he has the right to protest, but not on someone else’s dime. Every job in America has requirements. You either choose to work there and fulfill those requirements, or you move on. His choice, his priorities. Apparently his ego means more to him than a paycheck. Glad he’s staying home, maybe the NFL can get back to being entertainment, like we pay to see. Maybe Kaepernick can go to work for CNN.
    The legend Jim Brown nails it....

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast