Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keymod or M-LOK, and why?

Feedback Score

Question Keymod or M-LOK, and why?

I was looking at this upper and wondered which handguard style is the better choice and why? I have no specific plans of accessory attachment at this point. Maybe a light later on. Maybe either a grip or hand stop. Maybe nothing. Also, any input on Aero Precision is appreciated.

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/m4e1-18...ete-upper.html
    Last edited by LDB; 04-13-18 at 12:45.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Based on this study SOCOM says M-LOK is better: http://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/05...at-nswc-crane/

I have found it a little easier to finding stuff I want in M-LOK versus Key-Mod.

I have two Key-Mod rails, one I bought early on and one I bought because M-LOK wasn't offered with the upper. Everything else is M-LOK.

I'd suggest M-LOK, but Key-Mod isn't dead, yet.

Feedback Score
    Its sort of personal preference but as 26 Int says above...military like M-Lok better. Keymod seems to be slowly dying off and M-Lok is prevailing I feel.

As far as Aero goes...seems to be good stuff...I have no experience with them but lots of uppers to choose from with many companies though and lots of personal preference too. remember usually to a point you get what you pay for.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Keymod is definitely dying off... which also means you can find some incredible deals on keymod uppers/rails in the Equipment Exchange. If you don't plan on attaching anything it's just a question of aesthetics. And even if you do plan on attaching just some basics like a flashlight or grip stop, they are ALL available in keymod.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I have used Keymod from it's beginning when BCM built the first handguards and see no reason to switch to M-Lok. If I were starting from scratch today I'd probably end up flipping a coin.

Feedback Score
    M-lok looks cooler...Keymod is a little easier to install. Thats about it.

Feedback Score
    Not sure what youre all talking about...I love mlok but it seems like keymod shit is always way easier to find

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I have used Keymod from it's beginning when BCM built the first handguards and see no reason to switch to M-Lok. If I were starting from scratch today I'd probably end up flipping a coin.
    I'm sooooooooo behind the times. I JUST built my first keymod rifle.

All my others still have quad rails.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For your purpose, either should work fine. I prefer the ease of attachment of KeyMod, but I'm getting better at installing MLOK components.

I also have had better luck finding KeyMod accessories and mounts that I like.
    Last edited by grizzman; 04-13-18 at 19:01.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Keymod or M-LOK, and why?

Last edited by JulyAZ; 04-13-18 at 19:42.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast