Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AR Reliability Packages and Modifications

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know nothing about the 'reliability package' but it was easy enough to check this: SA if i recall charges a pretty penny for the mods, hundreds of dollars I believe, on a like 900$ carbine.

SS101 Reliability Package - Colt M4 Carbine $150 All modifications, special parts, gaging and assembly. More Info: M4 Reliability Package. This has been our most popular service for well over 20 years. Exact same price since we developed this package for a Federal Agency in late 1994.

My guesses:

Several Barrel Assy Modifications: 1) ream gas port; 2) blend feed ramps; 3) align FSB

Multiple Gas system Modifications: 1) align gas tube with carrier key; 2) polish 'bulb' end of tube; 3) 1) debur and polish key mouth; 4) ensure torque and staking on carrier key

Two Bolt group Modifications: 1) replace extractor spring and stone extractor; 2) face/polish rear of lugs

Upgraded Buffer Assembly: Convert Carbine buffer to H or H2

Hammer Assembly and various other parts: 1) springs; 2) detents; 3) improve sear engagement

Easily a couple of hours of work for my mods.

Here is what someone said on another forum: Think about it like this. $150 is the equivalent of two hours labor. This is two unhurried hours during which a master armorer for the weapon system goes over it with a fine tooth comb and ensures it is GTG. During this time, he tweaks the gun as needed and also imparts his skills for making it 100% reliable.

The late Pat Rogers: We have seen a number in class, including some from board members. FWIW, i have never seen a SAW modified Colt ever have a problem. In police work, we call this a clue...

IMO if it buys you peace of mind, go forth and be happy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    Considering Ken's background with Colt Defense, I think calling BS is going a little far. As far as how many Colts made it through classes without issue you would have to ask the late Pat Rogers or EAG. In regards to the OPs post, $175 to have a master armorer go through your used Colt Commando making sure all parts are within spec and adding improvements where needed is good insurance.
    I didnt call BS, i said “sounds like” specifically.
    I wont pay for “secret” treatment. If what 26inf laid out is true, i could see going for it.
    Honestly, if i was in the market, id call and ask, but I personally would not pay for an unknown. That rule has never done me wrong, but a lot of people have been screwed buying unknowns.

That is to say nothing of SAW as ive never dealt with them, its a blanket rule of mine. Take it for what its worth.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-25-18 at 21:29.

Feedback Score
    Can someone post a website link for SAW? Thanks.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

Easily a couple of hours of work for my mods.

Here is what someone said on another forum: Think about it like this. $150 is the equivalent of two hours labor. This is two unhurried hours during which a master armorer for the weapon system goes over it with a fine tooth comb and ensures it is GTG. During this time, he tweaks the gun as needed and also imparts his skills for making it 100% reliable.

IMO if it buys you peace of mind, go forth and be happy.
    Peace of mind sounds like a bargain to me. Thanks for the post.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234