Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    President of Trigon Armament Inc.

FFL-07 SOT-02

AR-15 Armorer

Competitive Shooter

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    My recommendation to anyone wanting to "accurize" any weapon is to ensure they can shoot well enough to realize the benefits.

Truth.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    My recommendation to anyone wanting to "accurize" any weapon is to ensure they can shoot well enough to realize the benefits.
    Why try and learn to shoot well when you can just buy a lead sled and shoot of the bench all day. Show everyone your pristine bad ass looking AR and the tight groups it can shoot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Most guns are more accurate than the person shooting them. Start there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    Okay, firstly thanks for the replies. I was just trying to find out if these techniques were valid, but I guess I really asked for the whole ammo, trigger, free float, you suck at shooting thing -which I have read about a billion times on the forum. Appreciate you guys.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have no doubt the techniques are valid, but it appears many here doubt their necessity. I understand it was for an article, but who is the intended audience? I dare say most shooters have access to more than four loads, and the techniques seem drastic to all but the most dedicated bench shooters who are trying to chase every bit of accuracy possible. If you’re in this category, it may be worth looking into the techniques in the article.

Feedback Score
    They are all valid, and work. I had never heard of the bossed BCG but you learn something new everyday. Now I am trying to figure out creative ways of tightening up BCG tolerances, thanks man.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    Okay, firstly thanks for the replies. I was just trying to find out if these techniques were valid, but I guess I really asked for the whole ammo, trigger, free float, you suck at shooting thing -which I have read about a billion times on the forum. Appreciate you guys.
    The techniques in regard to the barrel, upper, and gas tube are valid. As everyone has been saying, whether the juice is worth the squeeze depends a lot on the individual shooter and the application they intend to use the rifle in.

Here's one of the YouTube videos I was thinking of earlier. Joe Carlos, a gunsmith who specializes in building match grade ARs for Service Rifle competitions talks about barrel to receiver fit, including a couple of ways to improve it. He mentions that he has seen group size improve by as much as 30% when a loose barrel to upper fit is corrected. But again, his clientele are probably better than average shooters to begin with. IIRC Joe is a MSG (Ret) and was an armorer for the Army Reserve Marksmanship Team for about 10 years. I think he also held the Inter-service 1000 yard Service Rifle Record for a number of years.

There are several other videos from the same interview that also make for an interesting watch.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 04-15-18 at 09:42.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Excellent video Tx Aggie. Mr. Carlos did a great job of explaining the problem and solution.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    You got your answer early on...high power shooters have been using those techniques for quite a while. But this forum really doesn't cater to that particular sport, neither does it cater to the sport I like, 3gun. I don't remember anyone saying you suck at shooting, but we did re-enforce that good shooting for any of us begins with good shooting practices with whatever rifle you're using, be it a highly worked over accuratized AR or a $500 basic model.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast