Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deregistering SBR Lower

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Putting them on consignment at a nearby FFL sounds like a better idea than destroying them. At least you’ll get some of your money back.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    By permanent

I'm in the "Give them to a dealer on consignment camp".
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckusjuice View Post
    Putting them on consignment at a nearby FFL sounds like a better idea than destroying them. At least you’ll get some of your money back.
    Those more knowledgeable please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I understand "consignment sales" of NFA items to work:

Selling an NFA item on "consignment" through a dealer requires the item be transferred to the dealer before they can possess it or enter it into their book. If the item is on a Form 4 that means a $200 tax just to put it in the shop on consignment, plus another $200 when it comes out of the dealer's inventory (whether it's being sold or transferred back to the consignor).

This is the main reason why the only used NFA items you generally see for sale through dealers are machine guns and other high value collectibles.

Again, I'm not an NFA attorney, but it may be that if Euro owns his SBRs and Suppressors through a trust he could conceivably add a buyer to the trust while they are waiting for the From 4 to clear (assuming it is someone he knows and trusts). That would allow the buyer to lawfully posses the item(s) during the wait period.

Even odds he's already figured all of this out for himself and is just having some fun with everyone.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 04-15-18 at 14:16.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I hope your kids get cancer and then you die slowly and alone.
    What a scumbag thing to say.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 04-15-18 at 14:21.

Feedback Score
    Still wondering what state (location, not condition) these firearms are in...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Getting rid of all my firearms and unsure what to do with my SBRs.

I understand if a rifle is a registered an SBR and you put a barrel >16” on it that it is no longer an SBR.

However, I don’t want to sell a lower with an NFA Stamp assigned to it regardless if it’s legal to or not. I guess I could just destroy it and notify the ATF? The local PD said they would provide paperwork with the serial numbers to verify they were taken and destroyed. It’s only a few hundo per lower so I’m not concerned, and I’m doing the same thing with my suppressors anyway. Thoughts?
    I would sell them. Don't see the big deal with having a stamp on them. Now if they are F1 and have your info on them, that I get.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    What a scumbag thing to say.
    As a father of two young children, I find this comment deplorable. Talk $h-t to poster personally, I have no prob. with. Bringing unwitting children into it is messed up.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    As a father of two young children, I find this comment deplorable. Talk $h-t to poster personally, I have no prob. with. Bringing unwitting children into it is messed up.
    Calling someone a liar is messed up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With comments about hoping cancer on peoples children, I’m thinking you can’t get to another country quickly enough for my liking. You’re in Florida correct? Rent a boat, load it with all off your firearms, go about 20 miles out to sea, take one of your firearms and shoot a hole through the boat, sit quietly until you hit bottom.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Calling someone a liar is messed up.
    I have to agree. However, bringing children into this was beyond the pale. You know better.

Don't go out in a blaze and earn a permaban. You may not give a $h-t right now, but in the coming months your experiences can be valuable the site. You've provided good info. in the past and no reason you can't continue to do so, even if it is no longer gun-centric. Can't let the stress get to you with all you have on your plate.
    Last edited by 6933; 04-15-18 at 15:44. Reason: spellin'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123