Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deregistering SBR Lower

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Deregistering SBR Lower

Getting rid of all my firearms and unsure what to do with my SBRs.

I understand if a rifle is a registered an SBR and you put a barrel >16” on it that it is no longer an SBR.

However, I don’t want to sell a lower with an NFA Stamp assigned to it regardless if it’s legal to or not. I guess I could just destroy it and notify the ATF? The local PD said they would provide paperwork with the serial numbers to verify they were taken and destroyed. It’s only a few hundo per lower so I’m not concerned, and I’m doing the same thing with my suppressors anyway. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-15-18 at 09:50.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Getting rid of all my firearms
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Getting rid of all my firearms and unsure what to do with my SBRs.

I understand if a rifle is a registered an SBR and you put a barrel >16” on it that it is no longer an SBR.

However, I don’t want to sell a lower with an NFA Stamp assigned to it regardless if it’s legal to or not. I guess I could just destroy it and notify the ATF? The local PD said they would provide paperwork with the serial numbers to verify they were taken and destroyed. It’s only a few hundo per lower so I’m not concerned, and I’m doing the same thing with my suppressors anyway. Thoughts?
    This is a huge move. Hope everything is okay with you.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was under the impression you could actually have them removed from the registry if you notify the NFA branch the they are no longer SBRs. I also remember seeing something where if you register an SBR on a Form 1, but never build it into an SBR and decided to never build it, you can contact the NFA branch and have it removed from the registry and get your $200 back. I could be wrong, however.

I should have some numbers for the NFA branch people, beyond the switchboard, at work. PM me if you want them.

Also, I hope all is well, and nothing bad is causing this decision.

Feedback Score
    Send a letter to tge are stating you are permanently returning the SBRs to their non NFA confirmations and request thst they be removed from the registry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-Texas View Post
    Send a letter to tge are stating you are permanently returning the SBRs to their non NFA confirmations and request thst they be removed from the registry

As far as I can tell you get no confirmation from them they have done this if you notify them, and without such I’d rather have the peace of mind knowing they won’t ever end up being turned into SBRs again or dealing with that kind of BS.

Is that not correct?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    As far as I can tell you get no confirmation from them they have done this if you notify them, and without such I’d rather have the peace of mind knowing they won’t ever end up being turned into SBRs again or dealing with that kind of BS.
    Correct.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I’m just gonna take the lowers to the PD with the cans. I’ll let you all know how it goes. Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    Any firearm can be turned into an SBR.

Legally by reregistering or illegally

Your confirmation that it has been removed from the registry is
    1. The letter you sent
    2. Calling the NFA branch and confirming it was removed from the registry

Are you destroying your firearms ?

Providing NFA Trust Services to Texas Citizens

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Feedback Score
    I’m just gonna take the lowers to the PD with the cans. I’ll let you all know how it goes. Thanks for the help.
    So you are just throwing away SBR's and Suppressors??

Sorry got to ask, why??

Why not sell them.

Hell ,ship them here I'll pay the transfer fees, if you are just throwing away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast