Thread: Removing bayonet lug with FSP on gun

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Removing bayonet lug with FSP on gun

I’ve got a 14.7” 6920 barrel with the A2 pinned. I ordered a Centurion C4 rail specifically because you can do it with the barrel and muzzle device on.

However, I got the 12” version with the FSP cutout and the bayonet lug needs to be removed. I won’t attempt this myself but is this a pretty easy job for a gunsmith to do with the FSP on the gun? Trying to avoid extra work by not having to remove the muzzle device.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You have to remove the delta ring, spring, and the bayonet lug. All of them are easy to do with a Drexel and an cutting wheel. It can be a little time consuming though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glockshooter View Post
    You have to remove the delta ring, spring, and the bayonet lug. All of them are easy to do with a Drexel and an cutting wheel. It can be a little time consuming though.
    Thanks. Thought about doing the standard carbine cutout rail because the bayo lug stays but I think the 12” gives more flexibility for light placement. Plus it just looks cool.

Feedback Score
    If going with a rail, i always get as long as possible- out to 13-14”, personal preference.

This is one of the few times “dremmel it” is actually good advice. A competent person (anyone with even basic mechanical skills) should have zero issue doing this.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks guys. Makes me feels better about doing it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've done a few of 'em. I hold the barrel upside down by the FSP in a padded vice and grind off the lug. I use a 4 1/2" angle grinder and finish if off with a mill bastard file. Takes about 10 minutes.

The handguard cap and delta ring and weld spring take a little longer. I pop the pins out of the FSB and slide it forward to get the gas tube out of the way and free up the cap. Cut through the ring in three places and it pry it apart with a big flathead screwdriver. Use two pairs of big channel locks to just spread the spring and pull it off. Cut the cap in two or three places and you're done.

I wrap masking tape around the upper and the barrel to protect against a tool slip.
    Last edited by 17K; 04-15-18 at 21:04.

Feedback Score
    10 minute job with a hacksaw and file. Touch up with black stove paint.

The delta can be cut off with a wheel, easier to just pop the barrel off for delta removal and remount.
    "Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber projectile ".