Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: First time AR buyer: Requesting sanity check

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Chuck, cut the bullshit and buy a 6920 OEM. Add whatever furniture you want.
    LOL, man there are so many options it's insane. Now I know why people ask me to build computers for them, the options are seemingly endless. Even here: Colt 6920'ish options, Sionics options, BCM options, LWRC options, Larue UU w/ Larue lower, FN options, LMT options. Jesus, it's like bringing up the motherboard section at NewEgg...

Feedback Score
    MOD EDIT:

NO

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hmmm, glad you jumped on that post! Now were being told what we don't know by basement dwelling neophytes in a manner that is both insulting(meant to be I'm sure) and naive.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I know that I'm late to this topic, but if you want a plug and play ready gun, I'd take a hard look at the Colt 6960 CCU. It's basically a Colt lower with a 16" mid length barrel and a 13" Centurian Arms rail. They were recently available on line for $1,099.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Don't feed 'em. There's a problem, it gets massaged or stomped, as required, then we go back to the business of playing the gun version of Sicilian grandmas around the village well.

General FYI to all reading, posts within this thread were reported ...clearly, and as they should have been. No more :internettoughguy: games; there's now 5+ staffers who're now focused on this thread. Either choose to post agreeably, OR you can have the ability taken from you...because we have more browser buttons than you do.

Something -anybody- cruising around Al Gore's web benefits from remembering, at all times -- it's just the internet, not the hugs you never got.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post

1) then we go back to the business of playing the gun version of Sicilian grandmas around the village well.

2) it's just the internet, not the hugs you never got.
    Damn, those are priceless. Just call me Granny D.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Smile

Chuck, I am a COMPLETE newb compared to these guys. However, 12 years ago a friend encouraged me to take the plunge for similar reasons as yours. I bought a Stag. I never had a problem with it. BUT..... I am a buy once, cry once kind of guy and someone who I no longer associate with had me all horny over tier one shit and that Stag made them for everyone, etc, etc. I knew nothing of MPI bolts and metal hardness and correctly staked carrier keys, etc. Once I realized all the cool kids did not, in fact shoot Bushmasters (Tanto Paronto notwithstanding) I bought a BCM Mid length. I have put maybe 6000 rounds through it in the following 11 years ( I know not a lot- half of those have been in the last 6 months so I am improving) and LOVE the thing ( I have a comp on the end and between that and the mid length gas, it is BUTTER.) When it was time to get another, I bought a random stripped lower and a KAK brace and BCM parts elsewhere.

Here is the point, you are on the right track. I read for a LONG time before making that first BCM purchase. I spoke with real live guys with real live rounds down range too. BCM, LWRC, KAC, there are a few brands that are all right there in terms of quality.

My advice, get yourself 2 lists.
    1. A list of ones that you are confident are good quality.
    2. Then decide which ones you WANT (don't even have to have a good reason, this is AMERICA.

I bought BCM because some guys on this forum that seemed to know what they were talking about recommended them. Find an available and decent deal and buy that one.

If you buy something only off of the first list, you may regret it and end up buying the one you wanted originally- and lose money you could be using for ammo.
    Last edited by bignc; 04-30-18 at 14:47.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678