Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: First time AR buyer: Requesting sanity check

Feedback Score
    The fine folks at LaRue will assemble the parts and even test fire the weapon for a couple of hundred more. This way the OP would have an assembled gun with LaRue's warranty for about $1300.

Feedback Score
    Colt, BCM, DD, Sionics, LMT, KAC

Pick one, buy it, shoot it, and be happy. Larue will shoot circles around a Colt, but it’ll take a while. Stuck cases in tight chambers can take some time to clear.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    With YouTube (until they purge all the “gun content”) and a few basic tools, just about anyone can complete a stripped lower. At the prices some of those have been going for lately (I admit I’ve not shopped them since the past couple of mass shootings), I think you could get into a basic AR for crazy cheap. Find a complete upper you like (even better if PSA has it on sale...and last time I looked, they had LPKs for about $100), for around $400.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricrock View Post
    The fine folks at LaRue will assemble the parts and even test fire the weapon for a couple of hundred more. This way the OP would have an assembled gun with LaRue's warranty for about $1300.
    You must be a used car sales man cause Ive heard those statements before. "its only a couple hundred more!". "Purchase our amazing dealer warranty!"

Also please define "shoot circles around". Ill accept results in mean radius, extreme spread/center to center. 5-shot group minimum. Post your proof.

Quote Originally Posted by njl View Post
    With YouTube (until they purge all the “gun content”) and a few basic tools, just about anyone can complete a stripped lower. At the prices some of those have been going for lately (I admit I’ve not shopped them since the past couple of mass shootings), I think you could get into a basic AR for crazy cheap. Find a complete upper you like (even better if PSA has it on sale...and last time I looked, they had LPKs for about $100), for around $400.
    The OP is on the right track, lets not lead him astray with any of PSA's garbage.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 04-18-18 at 16:02.

Feedback Score
    Obviously you have not read the reports on quality barrels. There are quite a few including Noveske, White Oak, Kreiger/criterion, BA, Faxon, Ranier, Green Mountain and LaRue. I don't see Colt or Smith & Wesson included in the list of quality! As far as posting proof....I'll let the knowledge base here determine if quality is quality, or if mil-spec is equal. I truly don't think so.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricrock View Post
    Obviously you have not read the reports on quality barrels. There are quite a few including Noveske, White Oak, Kreiger/criterion, BA, Faxon, Ranier, Green Mountain and LaRue. I don't see Colt or Smith & Wesson included in the list of quality! As far as posting proof....I'll let the knowledge base here determine if quality is quality, or if mil-spec is equal. I truly don't think so.
    And your proof is where? You make a claim, you should provide the evidence. Thats how it works.

Also the knowledge base here is probably too busy laughing at you.

Feedback Score
    A quick look at some old threads by Molon indicate that Colt barrels are generally well above average for any given contour.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    See the pic posted earlier by me. That was a 20 round group FWIW...

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    A quick look at some old threads by Molon indicate that Colt barrels are generally well above average for any given contour.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    See the pic posted earlier by me. That was a 20 round group FWIW...
    That's pretty cool, generally if you get that close to the target you get powder tattooing.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    That's pretty cool, generally if you get that close to the target you get powder tattooing.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast