Thread: 9mm 147gr JHP factory ammo subsonic with silencer suggestions...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

9mm 147gr JHP factory ammo subsonic with silencer suggestions...

What barrel length and 147gr JHP factory ammo combos do you like for use w a suppressor.

This would be specifically for home defense with a 9mm SBR, hence the JHP and suppressor specifications.

What do you like, what works for you?

TED

Feedback Score
    Winchester "Defend" 147g jhp. Subsonic in my 4 inch barrel, and has good expansion at subsonic velocity. I use the "Train" version for range trips. Identical load in fmj. Also use white box 147g fmj for range.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    5.5 inch barreled AR9 with a 6 inch suppressor on the way. Will put the total length of the gun right around the size of an unsuppressed 10.5 inch AR. I run 147 grain Federal HST or 147 Speer Gold Dot, both of which have proven track records with law enforcement and feed flawlessly through my gun. For training, I reload 147 grain ball rounds that I have tuned to have similar felt recoil and point of impact as the defense ammo I run. If you don't reload, I would recommend you at least look into it as you will be able to train more with less money and you can tailor your ammunition to the platform you are shooting it out of. Good luck and happy shooting.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Winchester "Defend" 147g jhp. Subsonic in my 4 inch barrel, and has good expansion at subsonic velocity. I use the "Train" version for range trips. Identical load in fmj. Also use white box 147g fmj for range.
    I have to agree with this, however sometimes the Train Defend ammo can be hard to find. Highly recommended!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am shooting both a:
    5.5 TROS 3 lug barrel with a sico octane 45
    4.5 faxon barrel with a sico hybrid .46 end cap

Both are subsonic with 147gr loads.
    nothing screams napoleonic warfare more than cannons roaring in the background

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by revoa4 View Post
    I have to agree with this, however sometimes the Train Defend ammo can be hard to find. Highly recommended!
    Walmart has it. Those conical flat noses look like something that could do some wicked tumbling damage!

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=bulk+147gr...b=v63-2&ia=web
    Last edited by NQNPIII; 06-12-18 at 22:45.

Feedback Score
    I like to use 147gr as it performs well, but in my opinion, you dont need to limit yourself to subsonics just because you have a silencer. Supersonics are plenty quiet at the shooters ear that in a SD situation- i doubt theres be any difference.