Thread: Noveske Diplomat 7.5 Opinion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Noveske Diplomat 7.5 Opinion

Came across one of these (upper only) complete diplomats with the NSR 9. Fired about 200 rounds that I can get for $875. I’m not a huge fan of these super shorties. I’m aware of the ballistic limitations with the 7.5. Is the price too good to pass on thougn? It may be a fun range toy but I’m in the fence. Any thoughts ?
    Last edited by robstercraw; 04-16-18 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robstercraw View Post
    Came across one of these (upper only) complete diplomats with the NSR 9. Fired about 200 rounds that I can get for $875. I’m not a huge fan of these super shorties. I’m aware of the ballistic limitations with the 7.5. Is the price too good to pass on thougn? It may be a fun range toy but I’m in the fence. Any thoughts ?
    Not worth it for the 7.5 in my opinion. The whole point of getting a Noveske is that they have amazing barrels, but what good is that going to do ya if you don't have enough velocity or energy to be effective on anything other than range targets. A 5.56 loses so much velocity coming out of a 7.5 that it's basically just a glorified 22lr at that point. If it was a 10.5 or longer I'd say go for it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can always get a new barrel and sell the old one.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'd pass.

You can get a NIB BCM 11.5" for the same or less money and have a more capable upper.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robstercraw View Post
    It may be a fun range toy but I’m in the fence. Any thoughts ?

Looks like you have it already figured out. It has no use for defensive purposes, but if you want a loud little range blaster, it is GTG.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I have a Sig 516, 7.5" upper. All the downsides be damned, the thing is fun to shoot. If that's all you're looking for - a fun shooting upper - then I'd say go for it.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Diplomats overheat VERY quickly and are loud as F%&k. It's a neat idea, but they really aren't that fun of a range toy and have dubious usefulness compared to more reliable options like an 11.5.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org