Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
Yup. The online “training” and constant classes on how to be nice is a huge impediment to the training that will prepare us for war. But the brass calls this crap “readiness”. My blood pressure goes up 10 points everytime I hear some CSM or General explain how its so important that we get %100 of Soldiers certified in composite risk management (again) because we have to maintain “readiness”. And I have to cancel real training for this crap. Last year, I had to pull my entire company out of the EST 2000 (electronic shooting trainer) for three hours so they could attend some sort of being nice to trannies class that “just came up”, and had to be done immediately. I was livid.

The military works for the guys making money off of them at this point. Its....frustrating.

All this said, the GWOT has also taken a big toll on morale, in my opinion.
I talked to some MSOB guys when I was coaching at Stone Bay years ago. They were splitting their last 3 weeks before deployment on rifle qualification (which has no training value whatsoever) and MarineNet classes. Because that's what's really important.

I'm not convinced the GWOT has a direct impact on morale. 90%+ of guys do one enlistment and get out. The fact that the war started when they were in elementary school doesn't really matter, at least not to anyone I knew. In fact, going on a MEU instead of a combat deployment was the biggest hit to unit morale I ever saw.