Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anderson AR worth keeping?

Feedback Score
    I think this one is all Anderson. My other AR is a Frankengun, but I chose all the parts carefully and feel good about it. Well other than the DPMS lower but I like the cat/panther roll mark so it's ok.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Just shoot it until it breaks. Then replace whatever broke. Repair, repeat.

Feedback Score
    You know, one time I bought an Anderson lower b/c it was $30 at my lgs...even though I knew better. I put good parts in it (BCM lpk). It's never given me any problems, but just knowing I used it makes me feel kind of dirty. I'm kind of ashamed.

Feedback Score
    I have several Anderson lowers and an 8” 5.56 upper with a Toolcraft BCG. No issues, shoots great.
    I’d compare the quality to my PSA uppers n lowers. The only problem I had was a tight fit on the bolt catch, fixed it in 60 seconds with a file.
    As for the barrel, the most accurate AR I ever had was a Rock River 16” HBAR carbine with a 1/9 twist, unlined. IMHO this is the best setup for cheap 55gr. 223 like Wolf Gold. You don’t know til you shoot it. And 1/9 is supposed to be optimum for up to 69 gr.
    If it shoots well and it’s reliable it’s a keeper in my book.

Feedback Score
    You already have it, just keep it and swap out parts as necessary/desired. I bet it will still run just fine. Will it last as long as a BCM or other higher-end AR15s? Probably not. But BCGs are cheap these days. If something breaks on the BCG just buy a new one. Barrel gets shot out? Buy a new one. Don't like the trigger? Buy a new trigger. That's the beauty of AR15s. Once you have the receivers, so long as they are in spec, the limits are endless. Unless you're pricing it to sell (dirt dirt cheap...) you're gonna have a problem selling it. It's a buyer's market right now and even here in Illinois gunstores are having AR15s for $450 - $600.

If you want to sell it, wait for another panic where it'll be worth it. Until then just bu ya case of dirt cheap Wolf .223 and have fun.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Buy cheap steel cased ammo and use for a short range training gun. It's what I do with my Aero Precision rifle that I pieced together for around $525 or so back during the glut of ARs last summer. I slapped an Aimpoint M4S I got in trade on it for the time being and I don't care if it gets hot, dirty, and overworked.

Normally I'll have it and one of my main duty ARs at the range - I alternate between them for drills, with the majority going to the AP most of the time (but not all).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BasedGymBro View Post
    Sell it. Andersons have been so insanely out of spec from the three lowers I've purchased. I sent them back for a refund.
    You are one unlucky dude ,3 for 3 100% purchased out of spec . I have several and know of dozens built for local shooters and all are gtg . The local Smith and I were talking about this and other posts bashing Anderson the other day and he said out of the hundreds of ARs he has handled he knows for a fact Anderson has no more if as many out of spec uppers and lowers than the expensive brands .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BasedGymBro View Post
    Sell it. Andersons have been so insanely out of spec from the three lowers I've purchased. I sent them back for a refund.
    I've used five of them myself and helped my friend with four. 9/9 were perfectly fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Where would I find the specs? Is there a link to the drawings that have the dimensions one would need to measure? I have access to dial calipers and can probably get ahold of a micrometer as well. Or is it just everything moves and functions smoothly as it should? nothing visually out of sorts?

Feedback Score
    I've built several myself. Only used Anderson receivers and put decent quality parts in them. Not a single issue.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast