Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson AR worth keeping?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    This was going to be my response. Wait until the next frenzy and throw it up on TNgunowners.
    Or Armslist. Or give it to your unprepared brother-in-law, when the flag goes up.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Keep it to sell during the next inevitable panic.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Or Armslist. Or give it to your unprepared brother-in-law, when the flag goes up.
    Lol, yeah the beggars will be getting pump shotguns and a box of buckshot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    As far as I can tell, the firearms market is sill really soft. You won't get much for it now, so unless you're hurting for cash, I'd toss it in a closet and forget about it until the next buying frenzy...
    Same thoughts here. It is a used weapon which is most noticeable for being the absolute lowest price and lowest quality obtainable. Wait until it may have some hope of value and then sell it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    This would be where I'm at. I don't think you'd be able to get enough out of it to counter the fun you'd have beating it around. Shoot it and see what goes wrong.

If the lower allows the rifle to function properly and the pins don't walk out, who cares whose name is on it?

Non-chromed barrels have killed a lot of people and animals over the years, so take it out and zero it with some 55gr and see how it shoots.

Sounds like your savvy enough to figure when you are leaking around the gas key, etc., so use it as a rifle to learn to practice wrenching on if nothing else.

Shoot a couple thousand through it, take care of it as you are doing so, and then sell it, on down the road. You'll probably get as much or more as you would today.

JMO.
    I'm with 26I...just go and shoot it and enjoy it. If it breaks, fix it with better parts. 1 in 9 twist doesn't shoot heavy bullets...so what? Buy up a bunch of decent 55 grain .223/5.56 and blast away. It may just handle them fine. And you can buy Gold Dot/HST/TAP in 55 grain...

Feedback Score
    Buzzing &261 are right and I know I'm going to get a lot of hate here but the truth is most people who knock Anderson would not be able to tell me one lower from the other if they were not marked as far as not being chrome lined goes you are not going to be shooting full auto and probably not mag dumping every day so it's probably best it's not because chrome lining is not usually as accurate all things being equal . As far as 1-9 twist I have shot pretty good groups with 65 game Kings and 60 nosler partition with one and most people shoot 55 anyway .The scope is low end but if it works it works ,I have luepold and vortex on ARs but my fun rifle has a Cabela's 3power circle dot . Stake it properly and shoot it or sell it to someone who is not a brand snob .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I may just sit on it for now and shoot it some. Sell it if the market picks up. I figure if I get a bcg for it I can keep it as a spare for my other one and put this one's original bcg back in it when I sell it.
    Last edited by Kevslatvin; 04-17-18 at 01:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginzomatic View Post
    get a few thousand rounds and torture test it
    I second this.

Feedback Score
    The lower itself is fine, if it's in spec. Anything that you need can be replaced on that. You can always get a more expensive upper to go on it, and have a great rifle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've built a few from Anderson lowers, and haven't had a problem yet with them. They've been running with the best of them. I use quality parts throughout, and wouldn't hesitate to use to defend the family. I've got more spendy models, but they share the same make-model of parts.

Plus I'm a horse guy...so it's all good!
    Last edited by wichaka; 04-17-18 at 13:01.
    If it isn't durable, it isn't reliable.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast