Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dicks is destroying their assualt style rifles (DICKS SPORTING GOODS CONTENT HERE)

Feedback Score
    liberal is a mental disease

that lawyer this week who lit himself on fire in fuel to protest fuel ?

how many mass shooters and murderers are liberals and the fact abortion ripping apart 2000 babies a day freaking mental cases all of them

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    What's sad is that 55% of 1645 people taking the survey agreed that Dick's was correct in destroying the rifles.

Another thing in the article struck me as odd: “We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.” and 'the parts {will be} sent to a salvage company to be recycled.'

ATF Rul. 76-25 (with observations by me)

Held, a licensee who purchases a damaged firearm for the purpose of salvaging parts there from shall enter receipt of the firearm in his firearms acquisition and disposition record.

Dick's already did this when they initially received the firearm from the distributor.

If the frame or receiver of the firearm is damaged to the extent that it cannot be repaired, or if the licensee does not desire to repair the frame or receiver, he may destroy it and show the disposition of the firearm in his records as having been destroyed.

The frame IS the firearm, so this is all that needs to be destroyed, correct?

For the purpose of salvaging parts, Dick's could strip the receivers before destroying them, giving them LPK's, receiver extensions, stocks and grips to salvage, correct?

Before a firearm may be considered destroyed, it must be cut, severed or mangled in such manner as to render the firearm completely inoperative and such that it cannot be restored toan operative condition.

We are talking about the receiver here, not the barrel, upper receiver, or bolt, correct?

In actuality, Dicks's could be selling the complete uppers to someone who will resell them on Gunbroker, etc.

If my ass-u-me-tions are correct, Dick's my be breaking pretty close to even on this 'socially responsible' gesture.

Am I wrong?
    I don't think they're looking at it like that. I think they're just sending all parts to the scrap yard

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't think they're looking at it like that. I think they're just sending all parts to the scrap yard

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    That old saying words mean something made me wonder about that.

Notice the story said 'parts sent to a salvage company to be recycled' not 'pieces.'

Could be I'm reading too much into it, though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    After Sandy Hook in December of 2012 Dick's pulled AR's off their shelf. I never went to one of their "Field & Stream" hybrid stores, one just opened down the road about a year ago from me.

Did the Field & Stream stores even carry EBRs of any kind?

Full on cuck virtue signaling, ****'em sideways and twice on Sunday.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Unfortunately Dick's will no doubt reap big financial benefits from this asinine add campaign. It must appeal to the soccer moms, "embrace diversity", "save the planet", know it all hipsters crowd.

Our country has taken a bad turn and people, according to the MSM, are demanding some dangerous and outrageous shit.
    After getting what they want, which appears to be the complete erosion of the values/principals and morals on which our country was founded- I have little doubt the sheep will wake up one morning and ask, "how did all of this happen?".

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That’s great. If they are going to go full retard they may as well only cut their own financial nuts off. This way they aren’t screwing any distributors or manufacturers with returns.

Screw them and they libtard virtue signaling. Hope their banks decide that folks who burn money don’t need any more loans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So dicks ,Wal-Mart, and other places can CHOOSE to only sell to 21 yrs and over, based on personal beliefs . But yet a cake baker can not decide on personal beliefs

The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Hope it works out GREAT for Dickless' stockholders.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    So dicks ,Wal-Mart, and other places can CHOOSE to only sell to 21 yrs and over, based on personal beliefs . But yet a cake baker can not decide on personal beliefs

Im pretty sure 18yr olds have just as much rights to rifles as to voting. I hope someone challenges this, and uses all the victim keywords.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast