Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best/Most Comfortable AIWB G43 Holster

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Best/Most Comfortable AIWB G43 Holster

Been rocking the Vanguard 2, and find it "pokey". It's definitely low profile, and conceals the gun well. It's not as tuckable as I would like, nor as comfortable as I'd expected.

Picked up an INCOG Eclipse for the G19, and find it more comfortable if I can be more casual in my attire. Wearing polos or dress shirts, I can't conceal a G19 in non-permissive environments. It will eventually print during routine movement, and I can not risk that.

So chat me up about "best" G43 holsters. Concealability/tuckability is #1, comfort is #2.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Best/Most Comfortable AIWB G43 Holster

I have an Incog for the G43. I find it very concealable and comfortable even with a pretty form fitting t-shirt. I’ve never tried it with a tucked in shirt though. You would definitely need a black belt to try to make the clip less noticeable.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 04-16-18 at 19:07.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I would reach out to Spencer Keepers at Keepers Concealment. Terrific guy, excellent shooter and trainer.

I own three of his holsters - two of them are his signature holster called the Keeper, and one is called an Errand. They are the most comfortable and easiest to conceal AIWB holsters I have tried. I tried four other makers, before I settled on these.

http://keepersconcealment.com

The thing that I really love about his signature holster is that you can adjust it so easily to make it comfortable and conceal perfectly. A lot of holsters have a clip, and they ride how they ride. But you have likely noticed that just varying the depth of the holster on the belt by as little as a 1/4" can make a huge difference. Plus you can adjust the cant, which is crucial when seated. And the tension stays set - they do not loosen all the time, and have to be played with.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've heard good things about the Keeper, but it doesn't appear to have the ability to tuck a shirt in. Also, in the model picture on his site, that guy is thinner than I am, and that is a significant front to back depth - albeit with a G19. With my wardrobe, that belt buckle would print very badly. I can not risk detection, at all. Any gun person in my location would know 100% what that belt buckle was printing for....

I know the 43 would be less, but the tuckability factor and depth of the holster itself is a concern. I am not a huge fan of the strut of either the VG2 or Incog Eclipse, but I wear dark pants with dark belts.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    I've heard good things about the Keeper, but it doesn't appear to have the ability to tuck a shirt in. Also, in the model picture on his site, that guy is thinner than I am, and that is a significant front to back depth - albeit with a G19. With my wardrobe, that belt buckle would print very badly. I can not risk detection, at all. Any gun person in my location would know 100% what that belt buckle was printing for....

I know the 43 would be less, but the tuckability factor and depth of the holster itself is a concern. I am not a huge fan of the strut of either the VG2 or Incog Eclipse, but I wear dark pants with dark belts.
    For full size guns I’m married to JM Customs offerings. They are fantastic.

For my G43 this DSG is so versatile it’s the only G43 holster I use

Tuckable metal clip OR standard clip/soft loops (adjustable height for all) and a wing claw. Also works great on gym shorts with the metal clip as a casual around the house/yard holster.

Give it a hard look

http://darkstargear.com/product/hhg43/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    The gentleman that runs Dark Star gear is a member here. I have a bunch of his holsters and knife sheaths as well.

He would also definitely be a good guy to chat with.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Can't tell, can you tuck a shirt in with the metal clip, or just the loops?

Feedback Score
    I'm using the SOB Deep Concealment holster. I love it - I can go tucked/untucked no problem and it's easy on/off. It's also less kydex than the INCOG but more than the vanguard.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    The tuck is accomplished with the metal clip. The metal clip attaches to the holster on the bottom half of the holster.

I don’t use soft loops on anything, but they appear to attach at the top of the holster so tucking would not be possible, it appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You can. We also have PHLster Tuck Struts that allow for some tucking, along with the RCS struts that use the same soft loop. All depends on what you can live with visually at the belt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast