Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best/Most Comfortable AIWB G43 Holster

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I also highly recommend a dark star gear holster. I have one for a g43 and found the metal clip the best for me. I have tried the tuck strut as well but I found the metal clip to work well with any outfit, including gym shorts. You can even use a claw with the holsters if you require more tuck for the grip. If you’re running the 6 rd mags it’ll be just fine tho. I own 3 of his holsters and 1 knife sheath. You won’t regret it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    The gentleman that runs Dark Star gear is a member here. I have a bunch of his holsters and knife sheaths as well.

He would also definitely be a good guy to chat with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterguy View Post
    I also highly recommend a dark star gear holster. I have one for a g43 and found the metal clip the best for me. I have tried the tuck strut as well but I found the metal clip to work well with any outfit, including gym shorts. You can even use a claw with the holsters if you require more tuck for the grip. If you’re running the 6 rd mags it’ll be just fine tho. I own 3 of his holsters and 1 knife sheath. You won’t regret it.
    Thanks, guys! It means a lot.

Feedback Score
    I'll add on to the Dark Star gear love, and it's well deserved. I have had a aiwb for my Glock 43 from Tom for several years and it's everything you need, and nothing you don't in terms of aiwb for a small pistol like the Glock 43. Extremely well made and thought out piece of gear, I would highly recommend him...

Best of luck,
    Drew

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Been rocking the Vanguard 2, and find it "pokey". It's definitely low profile, and conceals the gun well. It's not as tuckable as I would like, nor as comfortable as I'd expected.

Picked up an INCOG Eclipse for the G19, and find it more comfortable if I can be more casual in my attire. Wearing polos or dress shirts, I can't conceal a G19 in non-permissive environments. It will eventually print during routine movement, and I can not risk that.

So chat me up about "best" G43 holsters. Concealability/tuckability is #1, comfort is #2.
    The Dale Fricke "Zach" is very comfortable, being only a kydex trigger guard with a string clipped to your belt loop. There's limits to it's stability, but it wins the minimalist holster category for me.

I wear suspenders over my undershirt and under my over shirt, and tuck the grip of the pistol behind the suspenders if I'm in a NPE.

Feedback Score
    I picked up the SOB Deep Concealment holster that was mentioned earlier in this thread. I really like, much better concealability for me than the incog. It comes with cordage as a way to loop it behind your pants button but I have not played with that attachment. The single clip works fine for me.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I wore a Phlster skeleton for a while, good low-bulk holster with a good price. Tried out the Dark Star Gear holster based on this thread. Initial impressions are very positive. Performed well at the range range, conceals a 43 with +3 extensions well enough for me as hoped, and has been noticeably more comfortable than the Phlster.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The dark star looks very much like the t-Rex
    Any comparisons?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Any comparisons?
    What model and how?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Any comparisons?
    Umm, since Dark Star Gear has been in business longer?

I have been using DSG holsters and knife sheaths since the fellow started business. I have never used a T-Rex holster, but have bought a half-dozen DSG holsters, and as many knife sheaths.

That would be my comparison. I am not flinging rocks at T-Rex, I have no first-hand use of their products. But I can personally vouch for DSG's quality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12