Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nearly sucked out of the Window, Soutwest Air Flight...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Nearly sucked out of the Window, Soutwest Air Flight...

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...480008613.html

A Southwest Airlines flight landed safely in Philadelphia Tuesday after the jet violently depressurized when a piece of an engine flew into and broke a window, according to passenger accounts and the pilot's conversations with air traffic control.
    One passenger's father-in-law, relaying information from his daughter, said the impact was so severe that a female passenger was partially sucked out of the plane when the window imploded.
    Todd Baur told NBC10 the woman was partially "drawn out" of the plane before being "pulled back in by other passengers."
    The jet's left engine blew shortly after takeoff, passengers said. Pieces of shrapnel flew into the plane's fuselage and at least one window, the passengers and the FAA said.
    "There is a hole in the side of the aircraft, also," an aircraft controller relayed to firefighters at the airport.

Like something out of a disaster movie, but real...WTF?

Feedback Score
    Seatbelts.....

I saw a report that there was blood everywhere- hope the lady is OK. That must have been the wildest ride since that Hawaii plane lost it's roof.

This is why I always try to sit in front of the engines- though she was a fair ways back from the engine
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    They are reporting one person dead, now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    That's horrible. Still the safest way to travel, but the absolute lack of control makes it more frightening.

My dad worked with a guy who was on two commercial flights that crashed with fatalities- and walked away from both. Crazy.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    My dad worked with a guy who was on two commercial flights that crashed with fatalities- and walked away from both. Crazy.
    I hope ol' Typhoid Marvin quite flying after the sending one for the sake of the other passengers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Seatbelts.....

I saw a report that there was blood everywhere- hope the lady is OK. That must have been the wildest ride since that Hawaii plane lost it's roof.

This is why I always try to sit in front of the engines- though she was a fair ways back from the engine
    I always wear mine, car or plane. Hell, we hit a big air pocket on my way back from Panama last time and one chick went flying up and out of her seat landing half into the walkway of the plane. No one was seriously hurt, but she was all freaked out as you'd expect.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I have dreams of catching a hot stewardess and saving her, and she is very greatful.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I heard on Fox that this turbine blade failure/exploding engine business has happened before to Southwest, a few years ago. Holes in the plane, but no depressurization and no injuries.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This was the second major engine failure that Southwest had in less than two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I am really sorry to hear about this, and my thoughts are with the family that lost a loved one.

I have a lot of friends that work at Southwest. This is the first time they have ever had a fatality. Believe me, they are definitely taking this very seriously.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast