Thread: Glock (G27 w/G32 barrel) shoots way too high. Which sight to bring it down?

Feedback Score

Glock (G27 w/G32 barrel) shoots way too high. Which sight to bring it down?

I have a gen 3 G27 with a G32 barrel in it. Stock plastic sights.

Firing 125 gr .357 ammo it shoots about 12 inches high at 25 yds. 147 gr a little lower.

I thought firing this lighter .357 ammo with the .40 sights I'd have the opposite problem and it was going to shoot low. Just the opposite.

I know OEM .40 and .357 rear sights are different.

I'd like to get the front sight of my choice and just get a Glock steel rear sight that will bring the POI way down.

Idea's?

Feedback Score
    It seems the G27 comes with a 6.5 mm high sight. The lowest that Glock makes I found is a 6.1 mm.

I think I need a bigger change than that.

So perhaps it would be better to get a taller sight or a combo of shorter rear, taller front. Idea's?

Feedback Score
    Found a sweet calculator. Looks like I'll be giving Ameriglo some business.

https://ameriglo.com/pages/sight-calculator

Feedback Score
    How many rounds with that ir similar glocks?
    When i switched to glock, i was about 6” high and practice brought it down to 2” as my groups tightened.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    How many rounds with that ir similar glocks?
    When i switched to glock, i was about 6” high and practice brought it down to 2” as my groups tightened.
    Tens of thousands. They always shoot high, as if zeroed at 50 meters. 15 yards and it is fine but when the range backs up I aim lower knowing the bullet is going high.

This gun shot a little high in the standard Glock way with it's original .40 barrel. (and to the left a little too like they always do for me and many others) I didn't know what I was going to get with the 4 inch G32 .357 barrel in it. I thought it was going to shoot low, maybe not too low and it would be a good thing. Nope. Way high.

Anyhow thanks to Amerglo's easy calculator I ordered from them a .125 W .250 H front sight and a .180 W .272 H (Stock height I think) rear.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Are you going to leave it in the 4" configuration all the time? I'm a stickler for poi matching poa, usually I pick the rear sight of my choice and then install a spare front and test fire. I use the Brownell's calculator (they all work the same) and then order the correct front. If all else fails Dawson has you covered, you can get anything you need from them. I've used their "Perfect" guarantee a couple of times, if I need a different front they have it to me in less than a week.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    Are you going to leave it in the 4" configuration all the time? I'm a stickler for poi matching poa, usually I pick the rear sight of my choice and then install a spare front and test fire. I use the Brownell's calculator (they all work the same) and then order the correct front. If all else fails Dawson has you covered, you can get anything you need from them. I've used their "Perfect" guarantee a couple of times, if I need a different front they have it to me in less than a week.
    I installed Ameriglo .125 W .250 H front sight and a "Claw" .180 W .272 H (Stock height I think) rear.

If anything it may shoot a little low. But even if it does I can mill a little off the top until I like it. I was concerned about the wide rear. But it's actually better than narrower gaps I have because my aging eyes discern the light around the front sight better and faster.

I also set the rear just a little to the right to counter the "Glocks shoot left for most" issue that also affects me.

Unfortunately I can't go shoot until next week to see where it shoots.

About the 4" barrel, yes it's staying. The 90-147 gr bullets of .357 auto were all less - recoiling than even some weakish factory reloaded 180 gr .40 I fired with the original barrel. The 147 gr (@1180 fps) XTP's had the most from the .357, then the 125 gr gold dots, (@1350 fps), then GA's 125 gr reloads, and the least recoil was Underwood 90 gr all copper "Defender" phillips - head fancy bullet @1700 fps.

With the 4 inch barrel, Glock +2 (actually +1) base plate, and Underwood ammo the 11 - shooter only weighs 27 oz. And carries quite nice. I'm carrying it and giving the Beretta Cheetah a rest for now. (I know I haven't verified the POI on the G27/33 yet but it's going to be very close if not perfect)

I've changed my mind after all these years that I now prefer the G26 - sized Glocks to the G19 - sized Glocks.
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-24-18 at 15:35.