Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gear Color

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question Gear Color

What is your general opinion on apparel color for blending into urban settings? Do you think Wolf gray offers anything over black or is just a fad? What is more versatile?

Feedback Score
    My opinion is black is the worst color in every, time, place and situation.

Black stands out in almost every lighting condition, except total darkness in every environment.

Light olive drab, and tans will be less noticable everywhere. Gray blends far better than black everywhere, city scape, Suburban landscape or in the field as in woods and semi open areas.

Also, in camouflage being too dark is far worse then being a little too light. With lighter colors, just stepping into shadows will darken you up, but no amount of sunlight with darker colors will lighten you up. You will be just a big dark very noticeable blob for all to see.

Or put it another way. Thank deer. Look at how hard it is to see them, in the woods, fields, road, day or night. Because they are a nutrual natural color, shades of tan/gray/brown.

Speaking of deer, the color that stands out the most to me isn't the white on them. It's the black. I see the black first and the fastest.

But what do I know. I just spend alot of time outdoors. Oh and driving in probably the most deer populated county in Kentucky.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Blend in how? In an urban setting you're least noticeable if you look and act like everyone else around you.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Blending into the environment as in concealment? Or blending in with people?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Concealment

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You make some interesting points, where in Ky? Im from Lexington, a few miles from heavy deer population.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by msp21 View Post
    What is your general opinion on apparel color for blending into urban settings? Do you think Wolf gray offers anything over black or is just a fad? What is more versatile?
    Good example of Urban-specific Camo:
    http://soldiersystems.net/2014/01/27...sp-camouflage/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Probably plaids in muted colors in most places.

Feedback Score
    Pappabear, I'm Oldham/Trimble area. Talking about deer, driving today I spotted ten. What I saw first Everytime? The black. 6 of the 10 in the darkness of the early morning. The other 4, was in day light. The black is what caught my eye first.

Feedback Score
    Wolf Grey is probably too cool to work as actual straight urban camo: https://www.milspecmonkey.com/index....eal-urban-grey

Maybe something like SDU Grey would be better. MAS Grey is probably too warm, and pretty close to ranger green as it is. That being said,

And let's face it, the modern urban environment has a lot of variation, simply due to the design of the modern urban environment, along with varying light conditions. MultiCam, Wolf, Ranger, all will probably work.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast