Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gear Color

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Earth tones. Don’t use the same color head to toe. No bright colors or large logos. Subtle prints if you have any print at all. There are generally large solid blocks of color in cities as opposed to leafy woodland environs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Blending into the environment as in concealment? Or blending in with people?
    100% this. Just look normal.

Sent from my iPhone

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Carhartt.
    Levi’s.

Done.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I can tell you the best way to stick out is the wear FDE in a place other than the desert. Or anything that screams "tactical".

I just got rid of all my tactical gear and replaced with Haley Strategic gear because it doesn't scream "tactical" nor does it look like it belongs on a mercenary. I got the slim lo-viz plate carrier from Mayflower (Velocity) in black and a minimalistic D3 chest rig and 8X10 flat pack from Hale Strategic in disruptive grey (which might be comparable to Wolf grey). I replaced all the zipper pulls with Haley strategic zipper pulls in blue. My girlfriend actually thought it was some type of Northface back pack because of how minimalistic and non tactical it looks. You can barley see the plate carrier because the chest rig covers it completely. And overall, even though it only carries 3 magazines, it doesn't stick out more than 2 inches which means you can wear a jacket and not give the impression that your are prepared for anything. Great thing about this set up is that the swift clips allow the chest rig and flat back to attach directly to the plate carrier.

Attachment 51981
    Velocity Sytems (Mayflower) Low Viz plate carrier with Swiftclip system

Attachment 51982
    Haley Strategic D3 micro chest rig

Attachment 51983
    Haley Strategic D3 flat pack

With a ceramic level 3 plate, 3 loaded 30 round magazines, sure fire flashlight, camelback 1.5l bladder, my rig weighs in under 14 pounds and virtually unnoticeable under a jacket.

But having said all of that. I will say that I felt gray was a good color. Especially if you spice it up with different color zipper pulls - makes it look as my girlfriend put it " a north face back pack" which I'm sure everyone else would assume the same. Disruptive gray is not too dark yet not too light, its somewhere in between and grays are not too casual or too formal. You can wear it with anything and it goes with everything.

As far as clothes go. I wear Diesel jeans- regular fit, slim- non-tapered- indigo blue with a little distress. I generally wear a Gucci, Ferragamo or Louis Vuitton belt, solid non ironed single color long sleeve shirt- untucked, cuffs unbuttoned and rolled up 1 time, top button open, and To Boot New York designer athletic lace up shoes in gray suede or Cole Haan casual dress shoes. Where I live in Dallas, I look and dress like 98% of the men my age.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good call on the Ferragamo belt, you'll blend right in! :-)

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    After watching a 2 hour documentary on Netflix on how they caught the Boston Bombers, it occurred to me how easy it is to stand out in a crowd of thousands. The FBI reviewed hundreds of videos looking for a few things: someone who was wearing a back pack, someone who was not interested in the marathon (standing around, hands in pocket), someone who was seen in multiple locations. Within hours the FBI had a profile on one of the suspects, a man age 25-30, wearing a Bridgestone hat, wearing sunglasses, grey hoodie, black jacket and wearing a backpack.

Rule of thumb: If everyone is wearing a suit and tie- you wear a suit and tie. If everyone is wearing athletic clothes and running shoes, you wear athletic clothes and running shoes. Never wear a large back pack, hoodie, hat and sunglasses in public simply because if something happens, you will be suspect #1.

I'm glad the Boston Bombers were caught but they were caught because they were simply wearing typical street clothes to a marathon that 90% of the spectators were wearing athletic attire.

To me, the way I dress isn't about blending in but about looking the part.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You make some interesting points, where in Ky? Im from Lexington, a few miles from heavy deer population.

PB
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-n-Ky View Post
    Pappabear, I'm Oldham/Trimble area. Talking about deer, driving today I spotted ten. What I saw first Everytime? The black. 6 of the 10 in the darkness of the early morning. The other 4, was in day light. The black is what caught my eye first.
    I'm in Frankfort.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I'm in Frankfort.
    BBN BBN !
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Jeans, flannel or t shirt.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Dress like a 90's operator. Black jump boots, a field jacket, rayban sunglasses and a tactical beard.

And everyone will just think you're a hipster. The perfect camouflage

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast