Thread: Upper Receiver Flex

Feedback Score

Upper Receiver Flex

looked into a particular issue that a manufacturer seems to have addressed and that is barrel flex at the receiver/barrel extension. Also, when some current designs clamp around the barrel nut and then say bipod loading is applied it causes the barrel to wonder or move apart from point of aim.
    Sorry for the long post, but has this really ever been an issue?
    Be gentle , I’m new at this
    Obey Acts 2:38

Feedback Score
    Yes, Seekins has a YouTube video on this and in Larry Vickers most recent video he shows that BCM is working on coming out with a stiffer upper receiver. For 99% of shooters this isn’t an issue and even with tens of thousands of rounds uppers have been rebarreled and continue to run. The upper receiver as is, was not originally designed to hold a 3.5lb 24” heavy target barrel.

Feedback Score
    It’s with hope that BCM would come out with a large frame gas gun. Seems that manufacturers like JP have solved accuracy issues differently, but in recent times many of the bugs are being worked out on the higher pressure cartridges.
    If only after these issues are resolved that a common standard would be set in place...
    Can someone say “mil spec”?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I am pretty sure LMT cured this problem with their massive barrel clamp system on their MWS and MRP platforms...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    I am pretty sure LMT cured this problem with their massive barrel clamp system on their MWS and MRP platforms...
    x1000

I've always believed that one of the primary unique feature to LMT's design was an unrivaled rigidness/stiffness with regards to it's barreled chassis.

The MWS's barrel clamping area is indeed massive!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Another huge benefit for the LMT MWS/MRP uppers is that its made from 7075 forging...not billet 6000 series. Tough as they come.

I love my LMT MWS308 "Slick"...its my cannon...hard to beat.

Feedback Score
    Great response concerning the LMT MWS. Not having the privilege to handle one I’m not completely sure of it’s assembly?
    Thank you, gentlemen.