Feedback Score

Wrong upper...

I ordered this:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...165447592.html

Got this:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516447592.html

Here is the comparison:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/catal...compare/index/

So there was a whole thing about them messing up the SKU but I "was getting a better deal because of the BCG" I'm not an expert and just wanted the damn mbus sights. My FFL got them to make things right and give me,the mbus sights I had wanted.

With that said is the "mistake" upper better, on par, worse than what I had originally chosen? I did a side by side and noticed differences that I don't fully understand. Also, this is keymod not mlok...
    Last edited by Bproof; 04-18-18 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    They both are budget uppers, 6 one way, half dozen the other.

Add ammo and shoot it.

PSA is kind of a $hit show, I once ordered and paid for 2 Aimpoint Pros but only received 1, in a shipping box that could only hold 1. They made it right but are never fast to do so.

They also sent me 30-06 ammo once instead of 308 which I ordered - to be fair the boxes were nearly identical. I tried to get them to make it right, but after a month I sold the ammo for no loss (after telling them I was going to do it). 2 month later PSA asked if I could return the ammo...

Overall I rarely buy from them due to issues like this unless it is a killer deal.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 04-17-18 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    After dealing with the overgassing issue that plagues my 11.5" PSA upper, I don't want to buy them anymore. Gunna stick to building out uppers with known gas port sizes.

I had zero issues with my shipment and got it fast, but I have only made one purchase.

ETA: After further review I see some issues.

So, you got the Nickle Boron BCG and such, right? You traded that for your chrome-moly barrel.

Not sure which you prefer, but your purchase was with a chrom moly vanadiun barrel. The one you received is 4150V.

I don't know enough to say which is best. The one you ordered was melonite finished, the one your received is nitride finished. If I recall, both are nitrocarburized processes. Once more, not enough experience to say which is best. But you are getting different build materials.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 04-17-18 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    4150v is chrome moly vanadium.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    After dealing with the overgassing issue that plagues my 11.5" PSA upper, I don't want to buy them anymore. Gunna stick to building out uppers with known gas port sizes.

I had zero issues with my shipment and got it fast, but I have only made one purchase.

ETA: After further review I see some issues.

So, you got the Nickle Boron BCG and such, right? You traded that for your chrome-moly barrel.

Not sure which you prefer, but your purchase was with a chrom moly vanadiun barrel. The one you received is 4150V.

I don't know enough to say which is best. The one you ordered was melonite finished, the one your received is nitride finished. If I recall, both are nitrocarburized processes. Once more, not enough experience to say which is best. But you are getting different build materials.
    If I understand correctly, I probably don't, a CMV barrel could actually be 4140 with Vanadium added = 4140V. It is also possible that PSA just used different descriptions.

Adding Vanadium to an alloy increases it's strength and wear resistance - once of the reasons it is used in tools.

Both 4140 and 4150 have essentially the same range of Chromium and Molybdenum in their composition. 4150 has slightly more Carbon in its composition than 4150.

4150 is generally considered to be a steel for barrels than 4140.

I would also note that the upper without the sights, the one with the barrel listed as 4150V, also has a bolt made of 9103 rather than C-198, for what it's worth.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-18-18 at 00:42.

Feedback Score
    So at the end of the day is it worth getting pissed off amd making them switch tobthe sku I ordered (not out of principal, out of technical-materials)

Feedback Score
    They only use 4150 barrels now according to their rep on TOS. The biggest difference is the one you ordered was MLOCK and had a 158 bolt. The one they sent is KMOD with 9310 NB Bolt.

If you prefer mlock mounting system have them make it right. I would also prefer a phosphate 158 bolt over a 9310 NB. Their customer service can be lacking at times, but they should make it right in time. They have an Industry forum on TOS and the rep from PSA that posts there has helped out people with issues very promptly. I would send him a message over there to help you out if needed

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I must be lucky or something-Ive ordered from them for many years now and never once had a problem. Ive read all the reviews here & elsewhere about their rifles, and decided a couple months ago to see for myself. Ordered a 16"Midlength SS upper..then a Magpul equipped lower. Already had a new, un-used ToolCraft Nib BCG.
    Im gonna ring this thing out more thoroughly before coming to a conclusion...but at this time, with 350 flawless rounds thru the gun...I can see no fault with the rifle at all.
    Visually- perfect. M4 feedramps-perfect. FSB perfectly straight. LOVE the PSA enhanced trigger..very nice. Comes in at just under 7lbs every time with my Lyman trigger pull gauge..very crisp & nice. FWIW...ejection is dead on at 5:00..i mean dead on every time. Got a Holosun on it..getting used to it too. As I said-Im gonna try to hit 1000 rounds or more before I do a complete review on it.
    For those of you PSA haters..and Im not criticizing, just asking...what should I look for and/or expect as the round count goes up? What kind of defects or issues?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I must be lucky or something-Ive ordered from them for many years now and never once had a problem. Ive read all the reviews here & elsewhere about their rifles, and decided a couple months ago to see for myself. Ordered a 16"Midlength SS upper..then a Magpul equipped lower. Already had a new, un-used ToolCraft Nib BCG.
    Im gonna ring this thing out more thoroughly before coming to a conclusion...but at this time, with 350 flawless rounds thru the gun...I can see no fault with the rifle at all.
    Visually- perfect. M4 feedramps-perfect. FSB perfectly straight. LOVE the PSA enhanced trigger..very nice. Comes in at just under 7lbs every time with my Lyman trigger pull gauge..very crisp & nice. FWIW...ejection is dead on at 5:00..i mean dead on every time. Got a Holosun on it..getting used to it too. As I said-Im gonna try to hit 1000 rounds or more before I do a complete review on it.
    For those of you PSA haters..and Im not criticizing, just asking...what should I look for and/or expect as the round count goes up? What kind of defects or issues?
    I do love their EPT. Great stuff for 29.99.

Mine was just very overgassed, I don't hate-em.

Best of luck with your midlength, glad to hear it's been pain free thus far. Though a low round count still.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You ordered the cheapest item possible from a company that is known to sell defective junk and give horrible service. Just be glad if it functions and lasts for the minimal amount it will probably be used.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast