Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Length of Pull on 6-Position Stock

Feedback Score

Length of Pull on 6-Position Stock

I was wondering if someone could give me some measurements for the standard milspec 6-position stock. I need to know the length of pull(distance from the face of the trigger to the butt) for each of the six positions. I have searched fairly extensively online and so far I haven't been able to find that information anywhere.

Feedback Score
    Whatever you're comfortable with!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zebra20zebra20 View Post
    Whatever you're comfortable with!
    I asked for the measurements, preferably in inches. How exactly is that statement supposed to help me?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From Magpul:

MOE Carbine Stock, Mil-Spec:

LOP Adjustment Range: 3.3 in.
    LOP, M4 Collapsed: ~10.5 in.
    LOP, M4 Extended: ~13.8 in

The index holes on the stock are evenly spaced, you should be able to extrapolate.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-18-18 at 09:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    From Magpul:

MOE Carbine Stock, Mil-Spec:

LOP Adjustment Range: 3.3 in.
    LOP, M4 Collapsed: ~10.5 in.
    LOP, M4 Extended: ~13.8 in

The index holes on the stock are evenly spaced, you should be able to extrapolate.
    Thanks. Is the Magpul MOE identical in dimensions to the standard mil-spec stock?
    I had seen those figures before but wasn't sure if they carried over.
    A lot of aftermarket stocks have different dimensions.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    kiwigunguy, explain why you're looking for these measurements. It may help get the answers you want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    kiwigunguy, explain why you're looking for these measurements. It may help get the answers you want.
    For legal reasons, I need to have a collapsible stock fixed in a single position.
    I would prefer that position to line up with a normal stock setting.
    I have an ideal length of pull in mind so I just need to know the length of pull for each of the positions.
    I will probably end up choosing position 2 or 3, but I just want to be sure before any permanent modifications are made.
    Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Is the standard stock what you're going to end up with? From what you've described so far, it looks like you have to order the assembly, sight unseen, with the stock pinned BEFORE you get a chance to try it out, vs. buying the stock and tube, figuring out where you want it, then modifying it to fix its position.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Is the standard stock what you're going to end up with? From what you've described so far, it looks like you have to order the assembly, sight unseen, with the stock pinned BEFORE you get a chance to try it out, vs. buying the stock and tube, figuring out where you want it, then modifying it to fix its position.
    Yeah, my options are either pick a length sight unseen, find out the measurements first, or buy an actual collapsible stock to play around with before deciding.
    Where I am the third option, while not difficult, would be expensive and legally questionable.
    I wouldn't have thought that it would be that difficult to find someone with a 6920 or similar and a measuring tape, but apparently it is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Position 6 - 13 1/8"
    Position 5 - 12 3/8"
    Position 4 - 11 3/4"
    Position 3 - 11 1/8"
    Position 2 - 10 1/2"
    Position 1 - 9 5/8"

These are with a Colt stock and BCM 6 position receiver extension. Measurement is straight back from the trigger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast