Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice CQB, door kicker, square dancing gear but where are the LRRP and innawoods guys?

Feedback Score
    I noticed a big uptick in “jungle” gear the last few years, likely driven by unitis keeping their eye on the pacific theater. While there is certainly some innovation as far as materials that don’t absorb water and the like, it appears for the most part to be dressed up battle belts with more pouches and an h harness.

MOLLE, and all the derivatives thereof make swapping from vehicle mounted urban ops to long range foot patrols relatively simple. I’ll post something i put together out of spare parts just for fun.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    https://www.blueforcegear.com/special-beltminus-v2-kit

More of the innovation in the form of weighs less than your Alice suspenders. TBH its pretty comfy.

Al

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    https://www.blueforcegear.com/special-beltminus-v2-kit

More of the innovation in the form of weighs less than your Alice suspenders. TBH its pretty comfy.

Al
    FWIW, I've been VERY interested in trying out BFG's beltminus kit. Trouble is that I can't really justify picking that up right now seeing as I also recently set up nearly the same thing using a First Spear Tactical Patrolling Harness.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556works View Post
    Hoping to see some alice kits maybe some foreign pieces of gear that dont pop up often etc.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    If you're on facebook, you may want to join a group called "Cool Guy Gear: Tactical Gear & Tools, NVGs, Info & Sales Page". They can probably point you in the right direction for foreign, rare, and out of the ordinary gear.
    Although, there is also a high population of legit current/active military folks on the page, and "innawoods" type phrasing is generally relegated towards airsoft cosplayers, and may get you laughed off the page...
    But other than that, if you have gear questions, someone on there WILL know about it or where to find it, or ideas for how to set it up right.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 05-02-18 at 13:19.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    FWIW, I've been VERY interested in trying out BFG's beltminus kit. Trouble is that I can't really justify picking that up right now seeing as I also recently set up nearly the same thing using a First Spear Tactical Patrolling Harness.
    To follow up...

BFG was having a last chance sale on the non-padded beltminus kit. I grabbed one with the low profile harness in wolf gray for $45. It was too good to pass up. It arrived yesterday, and it seems like great kit from the first impression. It's stupid light. Setting up for a mid-weight harness system will take a bit more time, but I think it will satisfy my middle ground between my light belt (2 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags, ifak, pistol) and my "heavy" harness (up to 9 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags, pistol, ifak, small admin, buttpack, canteen, fixed blade
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12