Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Barrel Length for Next SBR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the compactness of the 10.5. This probably sounds stupid, but it fits very nicely in almost every back pack I have tried, super easy to transport. Why the F does it matter? Bug out bag if you have one ( I don't), truck gun, motorcycle carry on the way to the range in a back pack. The 12.5 just barely fits. I have yet to shoot my 12.5 and get some longer range data. Using my 10.5 in uspsa style matches, I haven't noticed any difference in and out of barricades, ports, around walls etc than when I use my 16" MPX in PCC. I do like extra rail length that you can can get with a longer barrel.
    Last edited by corey4; 04-18-18 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adh View Post
    yes
    http://faxonfirearms.com/11-5-gunner...ngth-4150-qpq/

take note:
    Barrel Gas System: Mid**
    **Due to the short dwell of the barrel, the gas port will be larger than most barrels. Customers are encouraged to use an adjustable gas block for optimum functionality.

ETA....no direct experience with one of these myself
    personally I am selling my 10.3 upper and going to build an 11.5 may sell the other 10.5 upper and build a 12.5 but not 100% on that yet

No....BA barrels are pretty darn good IMO and if you shoot one out you can change it out later and be out no more in the long run......the vast majority (myself included) are not going to shoot out a barrel anyway
    Ya, I'm gonna be doing an 11.5" sbr upper for mine to swap around.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    No question as the 11.5" to 12.5" is the sweet spot to reap all the benefits of SBRing a .223/5.56, and still having major ballistic capability (for the cartridge.)
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Another vote for 12.5 here, for most of the reasons already mentioned plus it’s less wear and tear on parts than 10.5” and 11.5”.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like the 11.5. It shoots flatter and hits harder at 300 yards than the 10.5. With an adjustable gas block and an A5 RE, it's surprisingly soft and smooth, even with a suppressor.

The 6933 upper works well with an H buffer and even better with a H2, but it's over gassed with a suppressor.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 04-18-18 at 22:53.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I recently did a Mk18 build. So far I'm loving it. Only run suppressed, so dwell time is extended by the can.

I've also done other 12" and 10.5" SBRs.

All suppressed. The 12 was probably my favorite.

There is a long thread on this forum in regards to the Faxon 11.5 mid that is very interesting to read.

I'm also really thinking about doing a build with a 12.5" mid from Triarc. I could use the spikes gas block and my ops Inc can on it and be the same length as a 16" rifle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Never saw OP mention caliber (might have missed it), but add a 5-7" 9mm to the collection.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Never saw OP mention caliber (might have missed it), but add a 5-7" 9mm to the collection.
    It’ll most likely be 5.56. I’ve considered doing the 9mm but I’m just not ready for that yet.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

What Barrel Length for Next SBR?

OP what caliber?

In 5.56 a 11.5”
    In 300 Blackout 8.5”
    In 9mm a 4.5”

Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    It’ll most likely be 5.56. I’ve considered doing the 9mm but I’m just not ready for that yet.
    Do it! I have two in 9mm. Well the CZ is a pistol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    OP what caliber?

In 5.56 a 11.5”
    In 300 Blackout 8.5”
    In 9mm a 4.5”

Do it! I have two in 9mm.
    I would agree with this. A 4.5" 9mm suppressed SBR is a blast; in either Glock mags, if you're invested in 9mm Glock mags, or Colt mags. In 5.56 my vote is 11.5" lightweight barrel.
    nothing screams napoleonic warfare more than cannons roaring in the background

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast