Thread: AAC 51T muzzle device on a DD Mk18 10.3"?

Feedback Score

AAC 51T muzzle device on a DD Mk18 10.3"?

I just purchased a DD 10.3" upper with the RIS II rail. From some of the older threads I found online there seems to be an issue running one of the AAC 51T muzzle devices that will clear an M42k or Mini 4 suppressor. Are most folks running additional shims or spacers with their AAC FH, brake or blackouts?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I do not use any shim or spacer with my AAC 51T Blackout on 3 different guns.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Good to know.

I found this photo from silencertalk where a member is having trouble getting his AAC brake on wit that RIS II rail.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    If the wrench flats are behind the teeth it works. So the breakout and the (2.0) and blackout FH all work . If you are using the muzzle Brake, it will not.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    If the wrench flats are behind the teeth it works. So the breakout and the (2.0) and blackout FH all work . If you are using the muzzle Brake, it will not.
    I had breaks that would and would not work. I tried the first one and thought "WHAT", changed breaks and it fit. So there are some different variations. Find one that does, seems jwknutson has given good advice. Mine has a break and works.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I'm running the flash hider that came with my SDN6 on my DD Mk18 upper. I didn't use shims, and it works perfectly.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I studied this goofiness when I was first trying to figure it out but forgot exactly what to look for. Wish I could give more feedback. I cant post pics, but if someone could take their can off and take a pic of their 51T it might give him more insight.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"