Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: today is the lowest point of my life

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
    My first gun forum was nyfirearms.com so I feel your pain.
    It almost seems that should really be an “antiforum”. You know a forum based more on what you can’t have than what you do have.

At any rate you should get a medal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I know the feeling OP, I joined calguns a few months before moving out there so I knew what to expect and not become a felon unawares. I came from Western NY so there wasn’t to much of a difference in the laws, just no carry permit due to being in LA. But it’s not all bad, I met my wife in CA and we now have our first child on the way, a boy, I get back from this deployment just in time for his birth.

As to all the new laws and proposed laws, I’m quickly getting to the point of ignoring them. I reload just about everything but for the calibers that I don’t/can’t, going to start buying in bulk every time I leave the state.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    I know the feeling OP, I joined calguns a few months before moving out there so I knew what to expect and not become a felon unawares. I came from Western NY so there wasn’t to much of a difference in the laws, just no carry permit due to being in LA. But it’s not all bad, I met my wife in CA and we now have our first child on the way, a boy, I get back from this deployment just in time for his birth.

As to all the new laws and proposed laws, I’m quickly getting to the point of ignoring them. I reload just about everything but for the calibers that I don’t/can’t, going to start buying in bulk every time I leave the state.
    NY & NJ are worse than Cali, hands down. Legend has it, if you so much as look at a handgun without a permission slip in those states, you can be charged with a felony... and in NY if you dare modify your AR-15 to actually resemble something semi ergonomic, you will be given a life sentence for daring to defy king Cuomo.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    NY & NJ are worse than Cali, hands down. Legend has it, if you so much as look at a handgun without a permission slip in those states, you can be charged with a felony... and in NY if you dare modify your AR-15 to actually resemble something semi ergonomic, you will be given a life sentence for daring to defy king Cuomo.
    You need two permission slips in NJ. First you need to have a Firearms Purchase ID card which required a background check, fingerprints, mental health check and two references. Then every time you want to buy a handgun, you need a Permit to Purchase which requires the same exact paperwork, same background check and two references. Then when you buy it, they will run NICS lol. It's retarded.

Some towns take 6 months to get you a permit to perchase or your FID. The law says 30 days and they all ignore it. I'm a bit "lucky" my town usually does it in 30 days or less, but they require new finger prints every 5 years. I didn't know your fingerprints can change.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    You need two permission slips in NJ. First you need to have a Firearms Purchase ID card which required a background check, fingerprints, mental health check and two references. Then every time you want to buy a handgun, you need a Permit to Purchase which requires the same exact paperwork, same background check and two references. Then when you buy it, they will run NICS lol. It's retarded.

Some towns take 6 months to get you a permit to perchase or your FID. The law says 30 days and they all ignore it. I'm a bit "lucky" my town usually does it in 30 days or less, but they require new finger prints every 5 years. I didn't know your fingerprints can change.
    Either way, it’s absolutely ridiculous in both states, at least NJ wasn’t as over the top with magazine restrictions and goofy modifications to rifles, at least until very recently.

I just saw this story today about NYC:

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/ny_po...ribery_machine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123