Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update/"show and tell"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JWages View Post
    Yeah, it's like barely over the front edge. I didn't think it would make much difference since it is mostly seated. Makes sense though. I'll move it back.
    As an added benefit, having the rail exposed at the front will also protect the sight from impact.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Welcome to the club !!! BhgeI agree with dumping the MBUS sights. If you are going to use BUIS; get a real set of backup irons. I’m of the school,”If you use an RDS optic then use fixed irons. I really think that philosophy is becoming less and less popular these days. Sometimes aesthetics take priority over function. To each his own, but that’s how I roll and I’m happy with my roll!
    I like Troy fixed irons especially with the HK style front sight. Daniel Defense make a really good set of fixed buis also. However, my favorite setup is a LaRue rear sight with a Precision Reflex front sight. This setup just works for me perfectly. I can send pics if you want. But the Troy’s, DD, and my LaRue and PRI sights are built like a tank they are.

But even if you decide to get folding sights, get a set of Troy’s. They are the standard, imo. Primary Arms runs sales on them every few months and if you are a non-Texas resident they are a really good value. (No sales tax)

I agree with Trident - it’s hard to just have one AR! I also started out with one 16” AR; with a DD barrel and all solid parts. I thought at that time that it would be my “one and only”. Before I knew it, I had 12 AR’s. That number has gone down considerably since as I’ve gone back to having purpose defined weapons with some backup, but not 2-3 deep. Good luck to you. Invest in ammo, spend time training and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2000 View Post
    As an added benefit, having the rail exposed at the front will also protect the sight from impact.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    What? I'm not dropping my baby! 😂 That also makes sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    But even if you decide to get folding sights, get a set of Troy’s. They are the standard, imo. Primary Arms runs sales on them every few months and if you are a non-Texas resident they are a really good value. (No sales tax)

I agree with Trident - it’s hard to just have one AR! I also started out with one 16” AR; with a DD barrel and all solid parts. I thought at that time that it would be my “one and only”. Before I knew it, I had 12 AR’s. That number has gone down considerably since as I’ve gone back to having purpose defined weapons with some backup, but not 2-3 deep. Good luck to you. Invest in ammo, spend time training and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I dont really have a preference over folding or fixed. I have no experience with an optic but I figured I'd probably like a cleaner sight picture.

I'll definitely look at some Troy's!

My Aimpoint PRO came today and I think something is wrong. I've heard about astigmatisms making the dot look blurry. I do have one, but a small one in my non-dominant eye. It's not that though. It's hard to explain, but basically instead of a dot I see like a scribbled line. It's really weird. I'm going to take it to my LGS to confirm its just not something with my eyes before I contact the seller.

Feedback Score
    So I took it outside and the dot looks a lot better, not 100% perfect but much much better. I didn't think about my "target" being too close for the dot and to be honest, it was closer than any shooting distance would be. I confirmed its my eyes though because a picture of the dot looks perfect. Is this something I mention to my doc? I have my yearly checkup next month. I figured he'd see if I had an astigmatism in my right eye because he caught it in my left eye.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    So I took it outside and the dot looks a lot better, not 100% perfect but much much better. I didn't think about my "target" being too close for the dot and to be honest, it was closer than any shooting distance would be. I confirmed its my eyes though because a picture of the dot looks perfect. Is this something I mention to my doc? I have my yearly checkup next month. I figured he'd see if I had an astigmatism in my right eye because he caught it in my left eye.
    Are you keeping both eyes open? Don’t mean to insult you, but RDS optics are designed to be used with both your eyeballs open. Along with better situational awareness because of better peripheral vision. Depending on the optic, I have a tiny tiny bit of splatter/fuzz. That’s one more reason, among several reasons, why I prefer the EOTech over my Aimpoint and other RDS optics. I don’t have that same problem with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Are you keeping both eyes open? Don’t mean to insult you, but RDS optics are designed to be used with both your eyeballs open. Along with better situational awareness because of better peripheral vision. Depending on the optic, I have a tiny tiny bit of splatter/fuzz. That’s one more reason, among several reasons, why I prefer the EOTech over my Aimpoint and other RDS optics. I don’t have that same problem with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, using both eyes open. I think in my basement when I first opened the box I was just too close to walls. It looks a lot better mounted on the rifle and aiming at something shooting distance away. The dot looks pretty near perfect if I don't focus on it, but my eyes are drawn to it and after awhile I'll start noticing "webbing". I'm happy though, can't wait to get to the range later this weekend.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1- I'll definitely look at some Troy's!

2- My Aimpoint PRO came today and I think something is wrong. I've heard about astigmatisms making the dot look blurry. I do have one, but a small one in my non-dominant eye. It's not that though. It's hard to explain, but basically instead of a dot I see like a scribbled line. It's really weird. I'm going to take it to my LGS to confirm its just not something with my eyes before I contact the seller.

1- Don't waste your time and money getting different folding sights, the MBUS are more than good enough. I have used MBUS on my duty weapon for years.

2- It is your eyes, sorry.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    1- Don't waste your time and money getting different folding sights, the MBUS are more than good enough. I have used MBUS on my duty weapon for years.

2- It is your eyes, sorry.
    I planned on keeping the MBUS' until they broke and if they ever did, lesson learned and get real iron sights lol

Yeah, I figured it was my eyes after I looked through it at shoot distances. It is a good circle until my eye starts looking at the dot instead of my target.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The beauty of the RDS is that it allows you to do what a million years of evolution have programmed the human brain to do anyway. That is to focus on the threat. We have preached for years about having the front sight crystal clear, the threat and the rear sight will be fuzzy. The human eye can only focus on one thing at a time. To achieve the most accurate shots, we had to do what the eye does best, focus on ONE plane, the front sight. This is, however, ENTIRELY against what the human brain wants to do, that is: focus on the threat!! Along comes the RDS. They allow us to achieve the best of both worlds: focus on the threat, bringing the rifle up to bear, then viola, the RDS appears, super imposed onto the threat that the brain is staring at.

My point is this: don’t spend too much time focusing on the dot. Use both eyes, bring the rifle up, put the dot over center mass of the target presented, or chosen, and shoot. It’s amazing how accurate you can be. You will also find that you can get pretty darn quick. Use the RDS to its fullest, by not staring at it too much.

Also, welcome to the sickness. �� AR’s are like rabbits..... they multiply. Enjoy it, they are an incredible weapon system.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I plan on focusing on the target for sure. My eye just started to gravitate towards the dot when just looking through it off into the distance. I'm sure I can stop it with practice.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast