Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Update/"show and tell"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Congratulations on a very fine rifle and choice. Agreed, ditch the plastic sights. Get some quality irons if you need them, since you are getting a Pro, I would not worry about them.
    I'll keep in mind to not get plastic sights for my next rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Get the T2. Not much more money and has clearer optics.
    From what I've seen (maybe I've been looking in the wrong place) it's almost double the cost. The wife liked the price point of the PRO much better. She's not much into guns, but she is definitely into how I spend my money xD I also use Amazon a lot simply because I'm used to them having the better prices, but I'm sure that is different in the gun/accessories world.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendelsnap View Post
    I do a simple cleaning every 500 rounds or so. . .
    Than sounds like a good plan.

Feedback Score
    Not sure why the hate for BUPS (lol). Yeah, they have a weird sight picture and are fugly as hell. But as backup sights to an aimpoint they stay folded down anyways. They are lightweight. They are cheap (save money for ammo), they deploy fast. And they are actually very strong, resisting damage if the rifle is dropped, whereas metal sights bend. Pros and cons.

Haven't needed to use BUIS since Eotech days. Wouldn't sweat the sights, especially for HD use. Nice rifle.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Get the T2. Not much more money and has clearer optics.
    The T2 May have clearer optics but new T2 is nearly double the cost of cost of an Aimpoint Pro.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Put the PRO on as soon as you get it, its the biggest force multiplier you can put on your rifle. Dont waste any money on "upgrading" your BUIS, the MBUS is an excellent, durable iron sight that you will probably wont ever have to use.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The T2 May have clearer optics but new T2 is nearly double the cost of cost of an Aimpoint Pro.
    I was responding to the following-

Quote Originally Posted by JWages View Post
    ...I was really leaning towards the T-1...
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Congrats on the new rifle. I use an Aimpoint PRO on my go to weapon, and I think it's a great optic for the money, I only wish the dot could go a little brighter sometimes.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’ve had the same PRO for a few years, it’s jumped from rifle to rifle and sits on my SBR now. Great sight for the money and will give good service for a long time.

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone! Anyone have an idea why it was suggested to move my front sight back a notch? I'm curious about the reasoning.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JWages View Post
    Thanks everyone! Anyone have an idea why it was suggested to move my front sight back a notch? I'm curious about the reasoning.
    It's hard to tell from the pictures, is some of the sight's clamping or mounting surface hanging past the front of the rail? If yes, move it back so that the sight is fully attached/seated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yeah, it's like barely over the front edge. I didn't think it would make much difference since it is mostly seated. Makes sense though. I'll move it back.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast