Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Summer boots for desert heat?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eddies66 View Post
    I got this from M4Carbine a few years back and held on to it because of all the good information. Not sure who the author was but he knew what he was talking about.
    **********************************************************************************************************************************************
    His screen name was BattleDrill3

He made a couple of interesting posts. One on barefoot running that Kyle DeFoor responded to. Based on a couple of his posts made me think he was SOF. Not sure, he hasn’t been posted to M4C in ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I own four pairs of Merrell MOAB. I absolutely flog these boots mercilessly. I can attest to their durability. My favorite boot by far.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A lot of good recommendations here. I’ve been very happy with Danner USA Rivot and a set of their older desert TFX.

The Rivot is my daily wear and they are super comfortable. You won’t be disappointed. Do your own research though and get what works for your feet. If your feet hurt then everything else sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    What about side-zip paratrooper/SWAT boots? I've been wearing "nothing but" for over 20 years. And I DO live in the desert. I just hate lacing up the damn things every time. I much prefer to zip them on and off. The one thing I've learned is "NEVER STRESS THE ZIPPER." Maybe my feet are just used to a variety of footwear, or the fact that most of my hikes are three miles or less, but I've had nary a problem with any brand I've tried, from Original SWAT to Smith & Wesson.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I picked up a pair of these Rocky S2V's for $60 and wore them on several range and camping trips over the summer and found that they worked well for me.

https://www.tacticalassaultgearstore...port-boot.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123