Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMT SLK type rails vs their new Mlok. Which is stronger

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    Any particular reason for seeing related to the product itself?
    I assume you mean selling as opposed to seeing?

Two things:

1. The inability to remove the barrel while multiple accessories are installed is pretty dumb. The removable barrel is the whole point of the mrp platform. I actually have several barrels to swap between, and it's also nice to be able to pull a barrel to clean it. How did LMT go through testing the new mlok receivers and think this arrangement was acceptable?

2. I honestly don't like the profile of the handguard because the barrel clamp sticks down so much. It is not comfortable on the carbine sized receiver for me when I have a laser/illuminator and unity taps on the top rail, and the front of the clamp bulge digs into the palm of my support hand awkwardly. The picatinny railed version doesn't have this issue because the profile of the 6 o'clock rail is flat from the magwell forward. This wasn't as much an issue with the longer mlok receiver where you have room to push the laser/taps forward.

In the end I kept my picatinny mrp cqb chassis and sold off everything else.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I assume you mean selling as opposed to seeing?

Two things:

1. The inability to remove the barrel while multiple accessories are installed is pretty dumb. The removable barrel is the whole point of the mrp platform. I actually have several barrels to swap between, and it's also nice to be able to pull a barrel to clean it. How did LMT go through testing the new mlok receivers and think this arrangement was acceptable?

2. I honestly don't like the profile of the handguard because the barrel clamp sticks down so much. It is not comfortable on the carbine sized receiver for me when I have a laser/illuminator and unity taps on the top rail, and the front of the clamp bulge digs into the palm of my support hand awkwardly. The picatinny railed version doesn't have this issue because the profile of the 6 o'clock rail is flat from the magwell forward. This wasn't as much an issue with the longer mlok receiver where you have room to push the laser/taps forward.

In the end I kept my picatinny mrp cqb chassis and sold off everything else.
    Interesting insight; thanks, Will

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12